[Solved] Integrity check failed with inconsistency removing extra files leads to internal server error

After update to 20.0.1, nextcloud complains (as after each update) about file inconsistency. But if I remove the files, then I get internal server error with blank screen.

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:


Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:


Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2): 20.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Archlinux
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.43-1
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.4.8-2

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

  1. update nextcloud to 20.0.1
  2. go to settings/administration/overview page
  3. go to list of invalid files
  4. remove all invalid files
  5. click anywhere

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:


I can't produce log file since I can no longer log to nextcloud after the step 5 above.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

```$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'stone.local',
    1 => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'datadirectory' => '/mnt/archive/nextcloud-data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://stone.local/nextcloud',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'simpleSignUpLink.shown' => false,
  'dbname' => 'xxxxxx',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbuser' => 'xxxxxx',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxx',
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 0,
  'defaultapp' => 'apporder',
  'app_install_overwrite' => 
  array (
    0 => 'admin_notifications',
    1 => 'piwik',
    2 => 'tasks',
    3 => 'mindmaps',
    4 => 'spgverein',
    5 => 'documents',
    6 => 'spreed',
    7 => 'event_update_notification',
    8 => 'dropit',
    9 => 'ownpad',
    10 => 'polls',
    11 => 'dashboard',
    12 => 'theming_customcss',
    13 => 'apporder',
    14 => 'contacts',
  'has_rebuilt_cache' => true,
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`:

PASTE HERE - - [25/Oct/2020:09:20:01 +0100] “GET /index.php/settings/admin/overview HTTP/1.1” 500 - - - [25/Oct/2020:09:20:07 +0100] “GET /index.php/ HTTP/1.1” 500 -

(There are other lines before and after, but whatever is happening before is bunch of 200 response without much interest, and whatever is happening after is bunch of 500 response.

It turned out that I removed files that are in apps/files_rightclick instead of apps/files_rightclick/files_rightclick