(Solved) Installation completes, but cannot log in

3/2/21 I turned on debug logging and found that my PHP session cache was not setup correctly. Now this is fixed and working.

I downloaded the NC install zip and installed it per the admin manual on my Fedora 33 platform with Mariadb. The installation completes and returns to the login page. When i enter my administrator login name and password, the screen just returns to the login page again. The same happens if I enter a bad password.

The database appears to have been setup. I see the admin user in the tables. I have tried the graphic install and the OCC install. I have completely re-installed from scratch a few times.

There are no errors in the Apache logs, nor in the PHP logs, nor in the Mariadb logs, nor in the Nextcloud logs.

I am looking for suggestions for troubleshooting this. Help is greatly appreciated.

I see version 21 was released since I downloaded. Perhaps I should start with this.
…
I reinstalled with version 21. It ran just the same and I could not login. The nextcloud log had the following errors:

1. Could not detect any host in http:///xyzzync7/data/htaccesstest.txt
  2. Could not resolve trashManager! Class trashManager does not exist

{“reqId”:“YDxNOcUH@RVXswAh4w9sZwAAAIE”,“level”:2,“time”:“2021-03-01T02:11:05+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“10.0.2.100”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/xyzzync7/",“message”:“Could not detect any host in http:///xyzzync7/data/htaccesstest.txt”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 13597.94.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.186 Safari/537.36”,“version”:""}
{“reqId”:“YDxNOcUH@RVXswAh4w9sZwAAAIE”,“level”:2,“time”:“2021-03-01T02:11:05+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“10.0.2.100”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/xyzzync7/",“message”:“Could not detect any host in https:///xyzzync7/data/htaccesstest.txt”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 13597.94.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.186 Safari/537.36”,“version”:""}
{“reqId”:“YDxNg8UH@RVXswAh4w9sbgAAAIw”,“level”:2,“time”:“2021-03-01T02:12:19+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“10.0.2.100”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/xyzzync7/index.php",“message”:“Could not detect any host in http:///xyzzync7/data/htaccesstest.txt”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 13597.94.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.186 Safari/537.36”,“version”:""}
{“reqId”:“YDxNg8UH@RVXswAh4w9sbgAAAIw”,“level”:2,“time”:“2021-03-01T02:12:19+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“10.0.2.100”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/xyzzync7/index.php",“message”:“Could not detect any host in https:///xyzzync7/data/htaccesstest.txt”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 13597.94.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.186 Safari/537.36”,“version”:""}
{“reqId”:“YDxNg8UH@RVXswAh4w9sbgAAAIw”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-03-01T02:12:48+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“10.0.2.100”,“user”:“nadmin”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/xyzzync7/index.php",“message”:{“Exception”:“OCP\AppFramework\QueryException”,“Message”:“Could not resolve trashManager! Class trashManager does not exist”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php",“line”:126,“function”:“resolve”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php",“line”:162,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php",“line”:434,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\ServerContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php",“line”:56,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/FunctionInjector.php",“line”:58,“function”:“get”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“function”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\{closure}”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\FunctionInjector”,“type”:"->",“args”:["*** sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/FunctionInjector.php",“line”:68,“function”:“array_map”},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/BootContext.php",“line”:52,“function”:“injectFn”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\FunctionInjector”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/apps/files_trashbin/lib/AppInfo/Application.php",“line”:57,“function”:“injectFn”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\BootContext”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/Coordinator.php",“line”:176,“function”:“boot”,“class”:“OCA\Files_Trashbin\AppInfo\Application”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php",“line”:197,“function”:“bootApp”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\Coordinator”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php",“line”:137,“function”:“loadApp”,“class”:“OC_App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/AppInfo/Application.php",“line”:124,“function”:“loadApps”,“class”:“OC_App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/Coordinator.php",“line”:176,“function”:“boot”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\AppInfo\Application”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php",“line”:197,“function”:“bootApp”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\Coordinator”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php",“line”:137,“function”:“loadApp”,“class”:“OC_App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Util.php",“line”:203,“function”:“loadApps”,“class”:“OC_App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php",“line”:554,“function”:“setupFS”,“class”:“OC_Util”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php",“line”:415,“function”:“prepareUserLogin”,“class”:“OC\User\Session”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php",“line”:624,“function”:“completeLogin”,“class”:“OC\User\Session”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php",“line”:367,“function”:“loginWithPassword”,“class”:“OC\User\Session”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Setup.php",“line”:440,“function”:“login”,“class”:“OC\User\Session”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/SetupController.php",“line”:75,“function”:“install”,“class”:“OC\Setup”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:932,“function”:“run”,“class”:“OC\Core\Controller\SetupController”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::"}],“File”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php",“Line”:115,“CustomMessage”:“Could not boot files_trashbinCould not resolve trashManager! Class trashManager does not exist”},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 13597.94.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.186 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“21.0.0.18”}
{“reqId”:“YDxNg8UH@RVXswAh4w9sbgAAAIw”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-03-01T02:12:48+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“10.0.2.100”,“user”:“nadmin”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/xyzzync7/index.php",“message”:{“Exception”:“OCP\AppFramework\QueryException”,“Message”:“Could not resolve OCA\Files_Versions\Versions\IVersionManager! Class can not be instantiated”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php",“line”:126,“function”:“resolve”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php",“line”:459,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php",“line”:431,“function”:“queryNoFallback”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php",“line”:56,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/apps/files_versions/lib/AppInfo/Application.php",“line”:119,“function”:“get”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/apps/files_versions/lib/AppInfo/Application.php",“line”:106,“function”:“loadBackend”,“class”:“OCA\Files_Versions\AppInfo\Application”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/FunctionInjector.php",“line”:68,“function”:“registerVersionBackends”,“class”:“OCA\Files_Versions\AppInfo\Application”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/BootContext.php",“line”:52,“function”:“injectFn”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\FunctionInjector”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/apps/files_versions/lib/AppInfo/Application.php",“line”:91,“function”:“injectFn”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\BootContext”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/Coordinator.php",“line”:176,“function”:“boot”,“class”:“OCA\Files_Versions\AppInfo\Application”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php",“line”:197,“function”:“bootApp”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\Coordinator”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php",“line”:137,“function”:“loadApp”,“class”:“OC_App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/AppInfo/Application.php",“line”:124,“function”:“loadApps”,“class”:“OC_App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/Coordinator.php",“line”:176,“function”:“boot”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\AppInfo\Application”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php",“line”:197,“function”:“bootApp”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\Coordinator”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php",“line”:137,“function”:“loadApp”,“class”:“OC_App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Util.php",“line”:203,“function”:“loadApps”,“class”:“OC_App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php",“line”:554,“function”:“setupFS”,“class”:“OC_Util”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php",“line”:415,“function”:“prepareUserLogin”,“class”:“OC\User\Session”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php",“line”:624,“function”:“completeLogin”,“class”:“OC\User\Session”,“type”:"->",“args”:["
sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php",“line”:367,“function”:“loginWithPassword”,“class”:“OC\User\Session”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Setup.php",“line”:440,“function”:“login”,“class”:“OC\User\Session”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/SetupController.php",“line”:75,“function”:“install”,“class”:“OC\Setup”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:932,“function”:“run”,“class”:“OC\Core\Controller\SetupController”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{“file”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::"}],“File”:"/opt/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php",“Line”:111,“CustomMessage”:“Could not boot files_versionsCould not resolve OCA\Files_Versions\Versions\IVersionManager! Class can not be instantiated”},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 13597.94.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.186 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“21.0.0.18”}