[SOLVED] Failed to create new user with web interface (Authentication required)

Hello,
For begin, thanks at all your community for your awesome jobs. :slight_smile:

Else my problem is:
I don’t succeded to create a new user with the web interface. When I try it I have the following notification : "
Authentication required
This action requires you to confirm your password
Password: … “
If I enter my admin password nothing happen. Nothing is write in the file /var/www/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log. But if I enter a wrong password I have another notification
"Failed to authenticate, Try again”

My configuration:

• Nextcloud nextcloud-12.0.0
  • Linux raspberrypi 4.9.24-v7+ #993 SMP Wed Apr 26 18:01:23 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
  • Mariadb-server 10.0.30-0+deb8u2

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :wink:

Hello Nilam,

The problems with Admin passwords in the GUI I’ve had in the past, with version 11.x or 12.x, were due to the fact that I had not yet configured properly the local date and time in my raspberry pi.

• Check from the shell your current date and time see if it matches your client computer date and time :>$ date
  • If not proceed as follows:
  • Logout the Admin account from the web gui
  • Eventually reconfigure tzdata as needed : >$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
  • try restarting the ntpd service with the two following commands :
    >$ sudo ntpd -gq
    >$ sudo /etc/init.d/ntp restart
  • Please refer to the following page for additional information on configuring the ntpd service https://victorhurdugaci.com/raspberry-pi-sync-date-and-time

Thanks, and sorry I did not have time to watch it but I’m going to try right now.

[ EDIT ] Just perfect thanks a lot. My rasperry have the good time but my client station not ^^. Very thank you. And thanks for the command “ntpd -gq” very useful