[Solved] External acces : 4g OK / wifi NO

Hello,
I installed Nextcloud on Truenas and I’m running into an issue that I can’t figure out:

No worries about access via IP address on the local network, everything works fine. As I need to access it from outside and my box has a dynamic IP, I chose to set up a domain name with NO-IP which points to my public IP address and there, it doesn’t work quite completely.

I did open ports 80 and 443 on my router and redirected them to the IP of nextcloud on my local network, I added the domain name in the config.php of nextcloud, I added a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
The thing I don’t understand is that access became possible after adding the certificate but only from my phone if I’m on 4g. Connected via wifi (or from the pc wired to the box) it no longer works.

Did I miss something?

Thank you in advance for your help

Bonsoir @ccyyrriillee , j’ai vu votre topic en français. vous essayez d’accĂ©der Ă  votre nextcloud avec votre nom de domaine ?

Bonsoir, oui c’est bien ça. J’y accĂšde par le nom de domaine en passant par un tĂ©lĂ©phone connectĂ© en 4g mais si je passe en wifi ça ne fonctionne plus.
Je crois que j’ai un dĂ©but de piste, Ă  priori dnsmasq devrait pouvoir m’aider.

@ccyyrriillee j’ai rencontrĂ© ce problĂšme avec ma livebox Orange, je ne sais pas si vous ĂȘtes chez cet opĂ©rateur mais le problĂšme est le loopback de votre live box dons mon cas une option nommĂ© DMZ m’a permis de rĂ©gler ce problĂšme. CEPENDANT, si vous avez aussi cette option, sachez que tout Ă©quipement placer dans cette espace ne bĂ©nĂ©ficie pas du pare feu de votre livebox ( tout les port ouvert de votre machine sont donc accessible depuis internet par n’importe qui) il faut donc configurer un pare feux sur votre machine. Dans votre cas je ne sais pas si ça peut vous aider, si vous ne trouvez pas de solution, vous pouvez passer par un vpn pour accĂ©der Ă  votre depuis l’extĂ©rieur.

Oui c’est une livebox Orange, je vais regarder cette option, merci pour l’info !

Bon ça fonctionne, la solution était bien dnsmasq

u guys are funny. I mean there’s an intl part of the forum where we all would like to write and reas english only. Even for non-natives.

As you have started your thread in english (well done!) but continued in french I moved this topic to the french subcategory.

1 Like

U guy are funny. I mean I wrote this thread in english, but as I’m french and I know some people don’t speak english, I also wrote another thread in the “non english / french” part of this forum, to get more chances to find an answer. And you closed the french thread for crossposting ! You’re the funny guy bro :wink:

1 Like

ya
 usually entries and threads in the neglish forum will get more attention than those in native-language subforums. That’s why I closed the french one.

The funny part was that someone answered in french to the english version. It made me laugh.

So to put it into a nutshell: Please avoid crosspostings of the same problem in different languages. Right now it’s considered as polluting the forum and usually leaving at least one thread devastated. Or lile someone answers in english thread when it was already answered in french or vice-versa. Impossible to keep track of it, don’t you think so as well?

In the long term I think we might close all the native-languages forums again in favour for an automatic translation. But this subject isn’t really pushed for discussion right now so don’t expect and soon changes. Right now it is like it is:

Postings in native language in the referring subforums with (logicallywise) reduced reach.
english on the other hand is accepted everywhere here.

Bonjour @ccyyrriillee,
cela reviens exactement au mĂȘme problĂšme que j’ai dĂ©taillĂ© dans ce post: