[Solved] Can't add an event to a secondary calendar (not personal) that is shared with a group

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 24.0.7 - Nextcloud AIO - Docker
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): NGinX Proxy Manager for Reverse Proxy, Apache in AIO
PHP version (eg, 7.4): whatever version is in Docker for AIO

The issue you are facing:
I created a calendar (calendar name = Family), and added a group to that calendar (group = Family), and gave the group edit permissions. I am part of that group (my user is).

I want to add an event to that shared calendar (Family), but don’t see any way to select that calendar. When I add an event it always is assigned to my personal calendar instead.

I tried the following:

• Log out, close the browser, log back into nextcloud.
  • Refresh browser.
  • Disable all other calendars except the Family calendar.
  • Watched a Youtube video that showed the event creation dialog with a field to select the calendar. I do not have this field on my event creation dialog, nor is it shown in the ‘more’ view.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

Steps to replicate it:

1. Create a Group, and add members to the group, including yourself.
  2. Create a new calendar, and share it with that group, and give the group edit permissions.
  3. Try to create an event on that specific calendar.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

[core] Error: Error: Object of class OC\User\User could not be converted to string at <<closure>>

0. /var/www/html/lib/private/Log.php line 402
   strtr("Failed sending  ... "", ["Swift_Transpor ... "])
1. /var/www/html/lib/private/Log.php line 323
   OC\Log->interpolateMessage(["Swift_Transpor ... "], "Failed sending  ... "", "CustomMessage")
2. /var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Logger.php line 125
   OC\Log->logException(Swift_TransportException {}, ["Failed sending ... "])
3. /var/www/html/apps/activity/lib/MailQueueHandler.php line 420
   OC\AppFramework\Logger->logException(Swift_TransportException {}, ["Failed sending ... "])
4. /var/www/html/apps/activity/lib/MailQueueHandler.php line 165
   OCA\Activity\MailQueueHandler->sendEmailToUser("brian", "brian@fixitdelrio.com", "en", "America/Chicago", 1671052806)
5. /var/www/html/apps/activity/lib/BackgroundJob/EmailNotification.php line 61
   OCA\Activity\MailQueueHandler->sendEmails(500, 1671052806)
6. /var/www/html/lib/private/BackgroundJob/Job.php line 54
   OCA\Activity\BackgroundJob\EmailNotification->run(null)
7. /var/www/html/lib/private/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php line 60
   OC\BackgroundJob\Job->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {})
8. /var/www/html/cron.php line 151
   OC\BackgroundJob\TimedJob->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {})

at 2022-12-14T21:20:07+00:00

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

I’ll answer myself here.

I was able to work around this by deleting the personal calendar, and the family calendar, then recreating each, but creating the family calendar first. Not sure it had to be first, but that’s what I did.