[solved] After internal IP change no connection to Nextcloud

Hi, I have installed a new router with a different IP adress as the old one.
Now I’m not able to connect to my nextcloud. I can see it and his new IP in my network. I can connect via ssh and alos my seafile server is working.

But if I try to connect to nextcloud I get no connection.

Which files are responsible for the webserver connection. I have had a look in all apache2 files but they are all right.

it’s not really clear to which kind of IP address you’re referring to? internal or external? if internal… you need to “tell” your NC instance about the new IPaddress, first.
if external: is your IPaddress a dynamic one, so you need to use a dyn-dns-provider - do they know about your new hardware-setup?

Hi, I*m talking aboutmy internal IP. My first router does have the adress 10.10.10.1 and the new one 192.168.1.1

How can I tell NC the new IP adesse ??

there are, of course depending in your setup, several places you need to feed in the new ip.
first of all i would suggest to start with your trusted domain(s) in your config.php

yes,the config.php I have added, but the if I try to open my NC via webrowser Iwon’t get any login page or page withthe hint, that the IP must be added to the trusted adresses.

It seema that I can’t reach the /var/www/html/nextcloud library. I fear, that the issue belongs to the webserver (apache2) setup. But I can’t find any problem in the apache2 setup

have you restarted apache again, already?

oh, yes, I did it for sure :wink:

Ist the webserver otherwise reachable? E.g. try to access plain IP/ domain instead of adding /nextcloud or try to access another http file outside of nextcloud directory.

In case post your apache config responsible for /nextcloud dir.

I ge t no access to any directory on my webserver.
The /etc/apache2/apache2.conf I haven’t edited. It’s untausched from me.
The /etc/apache2/sites-availabe/000-default.conf is also untouched from me
the /etc/apache2/sites-availabe/nextcloud.conf looks like this:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin xxxxx@xxxxx.xx
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/nextcloud"
ServerName nextcloud
<Directory “/var/www/html/nextcloud/”>
Options MultiViews FollowSymlinks

AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

TransferLog /var/log/apache2/nextcloud_access.log
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/nextcloud_error.log

OK, I have changed the documentRoot in /etc/apache2/sites-availabe/nextcloud.conf
to /var/www/html/" and restart appache2

when I now call the IP via webbrowser I get the Apache Information site. That means, the webserver itself is working :slight_smile: andthe problem is NC related :frowning:

the errorlog shows me
script ‘/var/www/html/nextcloud/groupdav.php’ not found or unable to stat
what does it means ??
I have nothing changed on NC setup

I got it :smiley:
in the config.php I have added the new IP to the line
’overwrite.cli.url’ => ‘http://192.168.xx.xxx’,
and it works :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.