SMB/CIFS Can't mount windows root share

Hi all,

First i am french so sorry if my english is not perfect.

I am using NextCloud 13 under Ubuntu 18 , all is up to date.

I have some External Storage perfectly working with my Windows 10 share but only with subfolder.

ie :

//192.168.0.1/d/test is working
//192.168.0.1/d is NOT working

( \\192.168.0.1\d on all my other windows, it’s working too )

In shell, this work perfectly :

sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.0.1/d /mnt/test -o user=pinkfloyd

It seem a NextCloud problem because :

• In the External Storage apps I have the green symbol
  • In My files view i can’t see the share
  • In External Storage view i CAN see the share, but if i click on it, it reload the folder view.

Hope i have explain my problem correctly, if you need more information don’t hesitate.

Here is a screenshot, the third and last one is not working :

More weird , the “SMB test” apps work :

Thanks a lot !

no one please ?

Any entries in Nextcloud log when trying to access the external share?

Thanks for the reply ^^

Nothing but my usual spam message:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘redis.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20170718/redis.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/redis.so: undefined symbol: igbinary_serialize), /usr/lib/php/20170718/redis.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/redis.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) at Unknown#0

( as i already find somewhere that is’t not critical one )

or i dont’s search in the good log file ( i am new to unix world )

Perhaps need to change my loglevel ?

‘loglevel’ => ‘2’,
‘log_type’ => ‘file’,
‘logfile’ => ‘/mnt/ncdata/nextcloud.log’,
‘logtimezone’ => ‘Europe/Paris’,

For information ; New version 14 have the same “problem” :frowning:

Upgraded today in version 14.0.4.0 , same issue, no one else have this problem ?

“SMB Test” application show me correctly all folder, so root share is correct, but NextCloud still doesn’t want to mount it :frowning:

I know this is old, and the user that started it has probably abandoned it, but I just wanted to note that I ran into this today, and was able to get the root of the share mounted by adding the subpath as just a period.

Subpath: .

I also wanted to note that I didn’t run into this until I updated my host OS (Arch) and smb broke completely. I had to set some extra values in /etc/samba/smb.conf one the app container for my Nextcloud deployment (I’m running Nextcloud from the docker-compose build). I want to stress, no changed on my host OS would let the mounts work, these changes are for the app container on my Nextcloud app container only.

I wanted to document those, in case anyone else runs into them.

client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB3

My samba mounts were completely broken without the error message server returned an empty response until I added those options. After adding the options I started getting the error about mounting without a Subpath and just filling in a period for Subpath solved the issue.

Thanks for the response, I actually gave up with samba share under nextcloud, and directly do it in fstab on my host then open it with nextcloud ^^

For client min protocol = SMB2 and client max protocol = SMB3 i had already modified this, but never tried “.”, will test it by curiosity :slight_smile:

EDIT : Success with the “.” as subpath, GG !