Slow Page Load (Super Large assets)

Hi,

I’m new to Nextcloud.
Did the Docker AIO installation with basic things (without Fulltextsearch, Talk, Imaginary, Collabora, ClamAV)

The page loads are super slow, even the login page takes so long to open.
I also did a installation on an AWS t2.medium (2 vCPUs, 4.0 GB RAM) instance to test.

The server’s resource usage are very low,

I realized the problem is, the page weighs more than 48 MB :no_mouth:

For example this single JS file (https://cloud.aniket-das.in/dist/core-common.js?v=f2ab3fba-0) size is 12.8 MB

Can’t believe this amazing piece of software bottlenecks just due to few JS files.

I wonder, if it’s possible to wrap it like a native app.
where you just download the big app once, and after that it’s fast.

Hi, can you follow How to debug performance issues with Nextcloud? · nextcloud/all-in-one · Discussion #2475 · GitHub?

Hi, you might want to check out AIO v6.0.0 Beta which comes with js compression which should reduce the size of transferred files quite a lot. See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All-in-One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

Hey :wave: @szaimen,

Thanks for responding,
I’ve updated to AIO v6.0.0
The loading speed is definately better than previous,

But still the initial page load is kinda slow, even on the simple login page, I see a big javascript file core-common.js, when I ran Lighthouse.

It shows most of the code is unused, I was thinking if it’s possible to enable chunking, so that pages only inlucde js, that it needs.

2 Likes