Facing a strange issue where syncing the Linux client to the server seems to limit downloading to 2-3 Mbit/s.
Expected behavior: Network speed should be the limiting factor when client downloads files from server.
MacOS Client syncs from this site to this server at ~30 Mbit/s.
Windows Client syncs from this site to this server at ~30 Mbit/s.
Linux AppImage on PopOS or Ubuntu 18.04 syncs from this site to this server at ~2-3 Mbit/s.
This means it will never fully complete because there are some 1-2GB files in play where PHP will timeout before the transaction completes at this rate.
What I have tested:
To determine if there is a networking issue I compared Windows and Mac Clients at the same site. They are fine.
I went and logged into the web interface from an affected Linux system and downloaded a 1.4GB file at 30-50 Mbit/s.
I booted the affected Linux system into Windows 10 to go and it downloaded at ~30 Mbit/s.
I booted into Ubuntu Live and the client downloads at 2-3 Mbit/s.
Ran ipferf and speedtest from an affected Linux system and all was well so it is unlikely to be a LAN or network card driver issue.
I don’t get it.
I tried client settings where I set Up and Down speed to UNLIMITED, AUTO, or 2000 kBytes/s.