Slogan not rendered properly - cut off from top

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): NC 21.0.1 running inside linuxserver-nextcloud docker container

Not including any logs as it doesn’t generate any, it is a minor cosmetic issue only someone with too much time on their hands such as myself would notice.

The issue you are facing:
Since probably NC20 (I don’t really look at the slogan that often, but I recall seeing it looking alright about when 20 was latest stable.) the slogan doesn’t display right. Now the text is cut off from top like so on Windows:

slogan_win

and even few pixels more cut off on Linux:

slogan_lin

Moreover in the theming settings, the apostrophes in the slogan get converted to the html codes like so:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

pics are from:
Win x64 physical machine
Linux x64 vm
both using latest Vivaldi x64 stable

Any advice welcome, thanks!

1 Like

Hey @hugalafutro how are you?

Hope you are doing well, I know that the best will be to resolve that issue, but one thing you can do is to revert every theme setting to default and than re-building them.

Also, there’s an App called Custom CSS, and I’m pretty sure that with it you can adjust that bug or even fully customize the layoult of your slogan and other things.

Hope that helps, good luck brother.

Have a nice weekend!

:smiley:

I tried clearing the theming and set it again, it ends up looking the same, but the Custom CSS app looks promising, I’ll play with that during weekend. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Your welcome man, that’s nice to hear.

Good luck brotha, have a nice weekend!

:smiley: