Skeleton folder won´t be created

Hi,
i´ve created an new skeleton folder at: ‘/var/www/nextcloud/data/new-skeleton/’
and i copied one directories and one pdf-file inside.
i did: * chown www-data:www-data new-skeleton
control: drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 3. Jun 15:39 new-skeleton

config.php:
‘skeletondirectory’ => ‘/var/www/nextcloud/data/new-skeleton’,

restart webserver : systemctl reload nginx

If i create e new user, nothing happened. the additional folders weren´t copied to the users defaut folders.

any ideas?

yours
karsten

Do you see anything in the nextcloud.log while creating a new user?

I would also restart PHP to be on the safe side, IMHO it has more to do with PHP than with Nginx.

1 Like

Hi,
i cant see any relvant errors in the nextcloud log:

{"reqId":"DKJuT9NQFxxxxxxxxxxxx","level":3,"time":"2024-06-04T09:56:22+02:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.xxx.xxx","user":"kbo","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"/apps/firstrunwizard/wizard","message":
"template file not found: template:page.values","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) 
Chrome/125.0.0.0 Safari/537.36","version":"28.0.6.1","exception":{"Exception":"Exception","Message":"template file not found: template:page.values","Code":0,"Trace":
[{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":111,"function":"find","class":"OC\\Template\\TemplateFileLocator","type":"->"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":82,"function":"findTemplate","class":"OC_Template","type":"->"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/firstrunwizard/lib/Controller/WizardController.php","line":116,"function":"__construct","class":"OC_Template","type":"->"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/firstrunwizard/lib/Controller/WizardController.php","line":96,"function":"staticSlide","class":"OCA\\FirstRunWizard\\Controller\\WizardController","type":"->"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":230,"function":"show","class":"OCA\\FirstRunWizard\\Controller\\WizardController","type":"->"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":137,"function":"executeController","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":184,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":315,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php","line":1069,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},
{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/index.php","line":39,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],
"File":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/TemplateFileLocator.php","Line":56,"message":"template file not found: template:page.values","exception":{},"CustomMessage":"template file not found: template:page.values"}}

But i´m not sure about these template errors?

Hhm, do you see the same error while creating a new user without skeletondirectory set?