Server resources needed?

I have in total 12 users that use Nextcloud and Collabora, let’s assume half of them will use it at the same time. I am surprised by how much server resources I seem to need to make this configuration fluent to use. At the moment, Collabora sometimes lags, Nextcloud sometimes reacts slowly, so it is not always convenient to use.

The current Ubuntu 22.04 server runs Cloudron 7.3 and has 8 dedicated vCPU and 16 GB RAM. I am wondering if I need to upgrade to 16 dedicated vCPU but that would be quite expensive already. Is that resource usage realistic with that configuration?
It seems high to me, but maybe I am wrong.

We have Nextcloud AIO running on Ubuntu 22.04 with around 15 users and probably half of them active. 8 cores and 16 GB RAM with a load average of 0.2 and 2.5 GB RAM used.

I have a similar load average, as far as I can see, but probably we experience peaks during which the editor starts lagging, at least that is how I would explain it. Are you happy with how fluent your cloud runs?

Sure, we don’t seem to have any issues with it, although I wouldn’t say we use Collabora a great deal. Most of the time I use LibreOffice unless I specifically need the collaborative editing.

Hi, I recently put together a list on recommendations on how to achieve the best performance. See General recommendations for the best performance · Discussion #1335 · nextcloud/all-in-one · GitHub.

I hope it helps!