this is my first post:

Nextcloud version: 12.0.3.3
Operating system and version: Debian wheezy
Apache: 2.2.22
PHP version: 5.6.29
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

The issue you are facing:

I’m running Nextcloud with encryption and I’ve shared some directories with groups that contain some users.

When I add a new user and add this new user to one of the existing groups of the shares, this new user isn’t able to access the shared files but only is able to browse the folder structure.

The server throws an error 500, if the new user tries to view a PDF file. The user gets a file not found error, if the user tries to open an ODT document.

In the logs I found some informations about this problem, see below.

So, as suggested, I renew the sharing of the directories, and the problem seems to be away.

Me question is:
What can I do to avoid this problem? I don’t want to renew the shares all the time, I add a new user to the system. Is there a command line task I can use, that helps avoiding this problem?

Or do I need a special kind of configuration that helps?

Thank you in advance,

Ralf

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

OC\Encryption\Exceptions\DecryptionFailedException: Can not decrypt this file, probably this is a shared file. Please ask the file owner to reshare the file with you.

Can not decrypt this file, probably this is a shared file. Please ask the file owner to reshare the file with you.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'xyz', 'passwordsalt' => 'xyz', 'secret' => 'xyz', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'xyz.server.de', ), 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/clients/client34/web108/web/nextcloud/data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://xyz.server.de', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '12.0.3.3', 'dbname' => '', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => '', 'dbpassword' => '', 'installed' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', ); The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: --- Remember, this information may be requested if it isn't supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.