Self Host iOS auto upload issue

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p9 amd64: replace meApache or nginx version _(eg, Apache 2.4.25)_: replace mePHP version _(eg, 7.4)_:replace me`

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):Y

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Hi Guys,

New next cloud user here and I nearly have everything on my self hosted setup complete, But I have noticed an unusual issue. I downloaded the next cloud app on my iPhone and set it to auto upload new photos and videos.
The problem is that if I take a photo it uploads without issues but it also uploads a 3-4 second video clip of the same photo.

Hi GrahamM,

you are taking photos as so called “live-photos”. So iOS saves a “normal” JPG-file (photo) AND in addition a 3-4 second MOV-file (video clip).

Your iOS-device handles this as a single document (JPG as preview / MOV-file to see the short scene).
NextCloud / any other device handles this as two separated files.

Simply turn of the “Live”-photo mode - if you don’t like it .

Best regards
schoetju

2 Likes

That explains it…

Thanks