Seeking Assistance with Nextcloud Internal Server Error and Expired Azure LPAD Certificate

Hello fellow Nextcloud community,

I am reaching out to seek assistance with a perplexing issue I’ve encountered while trying to access my Nextcloud web-based server. As a newcomer to Nextcloud, I am still learning the ropes and could use some guidance. I am receiving an “Internal Server Error” message, which is preventing me from utilizing the server’s functionalities. I have tried various troubleshooting steps but haven’t been able to resolve the problem.

Here are the technical details provided:

Error message: Internal Server Error
Remote Address: 10.128.0.99
Request ID: PCowIgq74yvLkRnZ8uzp

Upon investigating further, I realized that my Azure LPAD (Azure AD) certificate has recently expired. Could this certificate expiration be the underlying cause of the Internal Server Error? I understand that the certificate is crucial for authentication and secure communication between Nextcloud and Azure AD, so I suspect it might be a contributing factor.

I should mention that I am running Nextcloud on an Ubuntu Server. While I have followed basic installation instructions and have some familiarity with Ubuntu, I am relatively new to Nextcloud and its intricacies.

I have checked the server log, but unfortunately, I couldn’t find any specific details that could shed light on the cause of the error. I have also verified that my server meets the recommended requirements, restarted the server services, cleared my browser cache, and disabled any third-party apps or themes. However, the issue persists.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions you can offer to help me resolve this issue, especially considering my limited experience with Nextcloud. If you have expertise in Nextcloud, Ubuntu Server, or Azure AD integration, your insights would be invaluable in helping me troubleshoot the Internal Server Error and address the expired Azure LPAD certificate.

Please feel free to leave a comment below or reach out to me directly. Your support will not only assist me but also benefit others who might face similar challenges. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

hi @Pascal_Donn welcome to the forum :handshake:

you are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post. This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you.
Since you’ve provided not enough technical details it is impossible to help you as-is. Thanks.

Depending on how you authenticate it might be the reason - try local login to understand if it works.