Rogue/orphaned mount points in oc_mounts?

When querying oc_mounts, I see there are some rogue mount points that I don’t believe are needed. Most are from old tests.

My question is, can I simply remove the orphaned mount records that don’t have a mount ID value of 22, 24, 21, 26, 28, or 30? Or, is there a OCC method that will clean this up more elegantly for me? Thanks.

When I compare it against files_external:list, I see only 6 (as expected) are being used.

I had a similar problem with external storage mounts that I tried a long time ago where the storages even don’t exist any more. There were some occ routines but they didn’t really clean that (you can work with those on the files_external:list).

Before I deleted the mount points, I checked the filecache table for related entries and deleted them first. In my case, I deleted them because the storage didn’t exist any more.

You could try to check on the bug tracker, perhaps create a bug report and see if they implement something in future version. I had some problem with other external mount points, so I just repaired it and didn’t try to follow through with a bug report.

Don’t forget to backup your system before you do any manual changes.

What were the repair steps? I think I might be running into something similar.

In my case it was old stuff that I wanted to delete anyway, so I could just delete the entries (and it didn’t constantly add new entries). If these are used mounts, that is more complicated and I’d check with the developers (you have posted already on github).
The fix they are talking about went into NC 24.0.7, you are still using 24.0.6 that does not have this fix!

1 Like

Ah, maybe the first thing to try is upgrading to 24.0.7 then. Thanks!

Updated to v24.0.7. I think that fixed it!

…or perhaps not. :frowning:

I am still noticing some slow responses. I added a comment to that same bug, asking for more help.