Restrictions for session sharing for one and the same NC-user?

Hi,

I intend to connect the NC Windows Desktop App to one and the same NC user-account at 10 Windows-PCs at the same time. I assume that this would not be a problem? Or are there any connection limitations?

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

There are at least 2 limits:

1. Performance and RAM of your Server.
  2. Configured limits of your Server Software, but this is definitely far above 10 :smiley:

P.S. Use different passwords for each client generated via https://YourDomain/nextcloud/index.php/settings/user/security → Create Application password. This will give you opportunity to revoke passwords and access if needed.

OK, thanks for answering the second part of my question :slightly_smiling_face:

My main question is if there could occur problems when one and the same NC-user is logged in at NC-Desktop-Application on multiple Windows-PCs at the same time. I mean is it a problem with file transferring, deleting, renaming etc when one and the same NC-user-account is used multiple times at the same time? For me it seems that this is not the case, but it would be nice if someone would confirm this. Thanks.

Actually this is the main use case for NC - collaboration. Usually you have few users, but if you have few clients with the same user it does not change anything. Only could happened if all 10 users will edit the same file in a shorter time, then few or all of them will get a sync error and needs to resolve conflict manually, but this is usual case and happens even with 1 or 2 users/clients.

Therefore as I know there is no limitation except those 2 above.

P.S. Personally I have 5 Clients for 1 user on different machines.

Alright. Many thanks for your information. :grinning: