[Help] Restrict the list of visible contacts to a group to members of this group

Hello,
Is it possible to restrict the list of visible contacts to a group to members of this group
Thanks

1 Like

This seems to be kind of? achievable (if you refer to the contacts menu and sharing dialog) when you select the following options in the Admin-Sharing menu:

2 Likes

Thank you very match for your time,
my question is not for sharing options but when I click contacts, we can
see all users and not just the members of the common group

1 Like

In my test these hooks also limit the users in the contact menu - another option isnā€™t available afaik.

1 Like

Thanks Irgendwie

Please itā€™s possible to add the ability for the admin to remove the list of all nextcloud contact without restrict sharing ? Displaying the complete list of users is a violation of usersā€™ privacy. On FB, snapchat or other social network, you canā€™t list all users accounts, and itā€™s just normal.

Sorry, but Iā€™m not affiliated with this Project anymore, maybe @skjnldsv can help?

Hey, you mean in the contacts menu, in the header?
You have a setting to disable autocompletion in your nextcloud, have a look at the documentation :slight_smile:

Disabling autocompletion on all the nextcloud instance ? I hope itā€™s just a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me quote you

If displaying the full list is a violation of your user privacy, then disable auto completion.
That is exactly why this is here for.
It will still provide you the exact match of a user, but not allow you to search through the list.

Thanks for the infos.

i donā€™t have see any parameter for global autocompletion. Is it ā€œā€˜login_form_autocompleteā€™ => true,ā€ (from here)?

Sorry Iā€™m late,

This is in https://cloud.domain.com/settings/admin/sharing

Working fine, Thank you.

Resume for readers : itā€™s remove autocomplete and contact list.