Restore a document (stuck at 79%)

Hello, community,
At first. Unfortunately I am not the most experienced Linux/Docker user yet.

I have used the Chrome to edit a file (docx).
After lunch the browser is frozen. I have reloaded the page. Since then the file does not load more than 79%.
I downloaded the file from the Nextcloud via scp. But it did not contain any changes. I can also open the file with the Android app. But there are no changes either.

In the Browser Console I get the error

TypeError: d.fa[(e - 1)] is undefined

Xg nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all.js:7996
D3d nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all-min.js:615
ETc nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all-min.js:619
r_b nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all-min.js:618
Xzb nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all-min.js:916
aaf nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all-min.js:391
Xzb nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all-min.js:916
njd nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all-min.js:915
osa nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all.js:4755
oId nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all-min.js:912
Ppb nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all.js:4751
Ppb nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all.js:4751
Gfd nextclouddomain/apps/documentserver_community/3rdparty/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs/word/sdk-all.js:4752

I donā€™t think your changes have been saved at all. Download the file from nextcloud to a secure location, remove it from netxcloud and upload it again. You should regain access through Only Office :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer!
I was afraid of something like this.

I did exactly that and uploaded the file renamed.
The 12 additional pages I wrote are goneā€¦

What can I do to prevent something like this from happening again?
Is there some kind of cache or something where there could be the sites?

Iā€™m afraid not since the document is supposed to save itself regularly. It seems like it never saved anything in your case. If you can check the nextcloud and onlyoffice logs for any errors. You could save it manually and exit once in a while then reopen the document to be sure itā€™s saving or clicke the save button (but it should do it without your intervention)

because Iā€™m not the best docker user.
If this happens again, which logs should I collect? (Where?)

Thanks for your help!

I never used docker but on a regular nextcloud server you can look a the logs entries in your admin account or in terminal in /var/log/nextcloud