Resources in calendar app

@MS92697 thanks :))

2 Likes

Is there any news of the resource feature in nextcloud?

2 Likes

They are considering to develop a User Interface for Calendar room and resource booking

You could provide feedback. Just remember to use Github reactions and to avoid comments if you do not have further information to add to the issue

2 Likes

Hi

unfortunately the API no longer works in version 21. I have now tried to find out how I can enter the rooms directly into the DB. However, the table has the fields ā€œbackand_idā€ and ā€œresource_idā€ where I donā€™t know what value they need.

Could you possibly share your knowledge with me how you entered the rooms?

Thank you
lg Fire

1 Like

Unfortunately the progress in the case is none. It seems that nobody of the development team sets any priority on this feature unless for me and (many?) other users it is an important key feature. I offered my help on testing a couple of times but nothing happing concerning development. So sad.

1 Like

We need ressources too to manage sharing of cars, rooms, beamers etc.

1 Like

@kpieth: Look at attached link.

Perhaps/hopefully the experimental backend, mentioned there, can help.

This feature is part of Nextcloud Hub 22:

@himbeere Would be nice if you could update the ā€œsolutionā€, as this thread pops up as one of the first results in Google.

1 Like

Hi, could anyone figure out how to use resource booking in Nextcloud 22?
I cannot find it.
Manually putting the files from GitHub - nextcloud/calendar_resource_management: Resources back-end for the Nextcloud CalDAV server canā€™t be the answer, is it?

2 Likes

Having the same question. But so far it seems like this is the way to go :thinking:

Until now it is command line only. With those steps I managed to create rooms successfully:

Nextcloud Hub II [sic.] (23.0.0) and contacts 4.0.6 - all new major versions but still resource management only on command line.

1 Like

I had it working a few month ago. Tried it now on a different server (NC22) and I cannot see any resources in the calendarā€¦

• Resources are shown on the server in the command line.
  • No error in Logs
  • Waited few hours (so the cron.php should have definitely run a few times)

Do I have to add a restriction to make it available/does no restriction mean itā€™s available to everyone?

Is there a update on this?

I have the problem that my hoster does not give me access to the command line, so without a GUI I am unable to create ressources via the occ commands. I can also not install custom apps.

will there be a GUI in the near future?

Works now for me.

There was a fix needed (Github issue #3907) and it seems to be important, that no resources have the same display name (Github Issue #4008).

You could give GitHub - Adphi/occweb (App store) a try.

But read carefully through the README.md! The app should not be used for long running tasks!

Hi There

Picking this topic up again. I conviced my hoster to run some occ commands on my nextcloud instance. But as I wonā€™t do execute them myself I have no option to ammend or see possible error messages. That brings me to the Question:

A room ressource requires an email adress as to the readme but should i create a nextcloud user for each room? If not how will I see the calendar of a room?

If I remember you cannot currently see the calendar of a room. I think you can only see the booking status (free/busy) when adding the room to an event but it is not possible to have an ā€œorganizerā€ overview.

See e.g. Issue Monitor resources #47 .

2 Likes

thanks for the Quick reply I guess that also answers the question wether a room needs to have a account.

Agree.
It would be nice if there will be room calendar. So I could check which room is booked by whom/organizer and when your event collide by for example 15 min on 2h event, you can contact organizer and shift events to non collide state.

Currently You can just check booked state in frontend + calendar app check and ā€œsolveā€ collisions for rooms/resources and attendees, which is nice.

Or is there way to display room calendar over CalDAV fro example. I didnā€™t find it tbh. For now only way I can see is code module/app by my self. But I donā€™t want to reinvented wheel.

Thank you
NC team for your work.