[REQ] How to make a subscription link permanent?

Hi all,

I accidentally clicked the “unshare” on a calendar and when I “shared” it again the subscription link/calendar_share_id has changed! (
https://[nextcloud]/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/[calendar_share_id]?export)

This is very bad since I can’t reach/log those who have subscribed and they most probably don’t know that (just) the link has changed when they don’t get any updates.

QUESTION:

1. Is there a way to have an e.g. name or the like as fixed calendar_share_id?
  2. How can I prevent changing the calendar_share_id?
  3. If there is no way for 1) or 2) : Where exactly is this link internally stored?
  4. Can I reset that value manually?

That said I also want to mention that the community here is quite helpful and quick! Thanks a bunch!

Meanwhile I figured out where the [calendar_share_id] is stored. I now can store that value somewhere else and check regulary for changes. But that is just a workaround for keeping that link permant and I understood that tinkering w/ the Source -DB is not recommended.

So, are there any other ways of keeping that link/value permanent across unsharing/share again?

Did you ever find a solution to this?

No.
Tbh, I gave up on it since it doesn’t seem to have any priority for NC (but for plenty of subscribers… :o( )

It’s a pity that you very easily can “un-share” a calendar (w/o warning) and then all your subscribers get lost.

I think that this is by design… If you want to remove some persons with an old link from a calendar share this wouldn’t be possible if it was the other way round.

Well, ala I don’t know WHO has subscribed (since it’s a public link and only IP-addresses are logged) how should I remove a single subscriber? There is no account, no nothing!
And even if there is a way (like a fixed IP), the question should be “What will be used more often? Keeping a permanent subscriber link for all of your subscribers or to remove one or more persons?”.

The answer for me is clearly the first choice!

Which will totally be true unless you unshare a link…

Edit: I didn’t find a feature request on Github for adding a warning before unsharing a public link. So you could of course go there and create a new issue for that :slight_smile: