Remove 'Time left' while uploading, but keep progression bar

Nextcloud version: 11.0.1
Operating system and version: Debian 8.6
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.10
PHP version: 5.6.27-0+deb8u1

The issue you are facing:

My Nextcloud is sitting behind a nginx Reverse Proxy. The Reverse Proxy caches / buffers while uploading.
My problem is: The ‘Time left’ which is displayed inside the progression bar while uploading is almost never correct. And by ‘not correct’ I mean it’s not even remotely close to what the real ‘time left’ should be.

Example: I upload a big file which takes 30-40 minutes to upload. Nonetheless the progression bar tells that the upload will finish in some seconds
 which is completly wrong. Sometimes it just says ‘Any moment now
’ or similar (translated from german) while the progression bar is actually at like 20% and there are still 25+ minutes to go.

I assume it has something to do with the Reverse Proxy and caching/buffering, because when I directly upload to my Nextcloud, the problem is not that bad and it’s pretty accurate.

If there’s no way to fix this then I’d like to know if there’s a way to remove the “Time left” text inside the progression bar while keeping the actual progression bar?

Following the relevant part of my nginx setting/config for nextcloud:

location / {
proxy_pass https://MY-NEXTCLOUD;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_max_temp_file_size 5000m;
}

I also tried the following to prevent from buffering / caching while upload
 but for some reason it didn’t work → nginx still cached/buffered the upload on itself before transfering it to nextcloud after the client->nginx upload finished:

location / {
proxy_pass https://MY-NEXTCLOUD;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Connection “”;
proxy_buffering off;
proxy_request_buffering off;
}

And last but not least my config.php of nextcloud:

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'XXYYZZ', 'passwordsalt' => 'XXYYZZ', 'secret' => 'XXYYZZ', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'XXYYZZ', 1 => 'XXYYZZ', 2 => 'XXYYZZ', 3 => 'XXYYZZ', 4 => 'XXYYZZ', ), 'datadirectory' => '/data', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '11.0.1.2', 'dbname' => 'nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'nextcloud', 'dbpassword' => 'XXYYZZ', 'logtimezone' => 'Europe/Berlin', 'installed' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'ldapIgnoreNamingRules' => false, 'ldapProviderFactory' => '\\OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAPProviderFactory', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_from_address' => 'nextcloud', 'mail_domain' => 'XXYYZZ', 'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN', 'mail_smtpauth' => 1, 'mail_smtphost' => 'XXYYZZ', 'mail_smtpport' => '587', 'mail_smtpname' => 'XXYYZZ', 'mail_smtppassword' => 'XXYYZZ', 'loglevel' => 0, 'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/', 'theme' => 'XXYYZZ', 'default_language' => 'en', 'trashbin_retention_obligation' => '7,30', 'session_lifetime' => 28800, 'maintenance' => false, 'updater.release.channel' => 'stable', 'tempdirectory' => '/data/tmp/', );

So a lot text for an actually simple question: Is there a way to remove the “Time left” text inside the progression bar while keeping the actual progression bar?

Thank’s alot and hopefully I didn’t miss anything

Greetings from Germany!

Thanks for your help!

I just moved to the dev-section, perhaps developers look more often here.

One way to go is to check the html-code where the message in generated and to find the corresponding code on github.com/nextcloud/server/issues). You can probably comment the related section.

Thanks for the hint