Remove 'Time left' while uploading, but keep progression bar

Nextcloud version: 11.0.1
Operating system and version: Debian 8.6
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.10
PHP version: 5.6.27-0+deb8u1

The issue you are facing:

My Nextcloud is sitting behind a nginx Reverse Proxy. The Reverse Proxy caches / buffers while uploading.
My problem is: The ‘Time left’ which is displayed inside the progression bar while uploading is almost never correct. And by ‘not correct’ I mean it’s not even remotely close to what the real ‘time left’ should be.

Example: I upload a big file which takes 30-40 minutes to upload. Nonetheless the progression bar tells that the upload will finish in some seconds… which is completly wrong. Sometimes it just says ‘Any moment now…’ or similar (translated from german) while the progression bar is actually at like 20% and there are still 25+ minutes to go.

I assume it has something to do with the Reverse Proxy and caching/buffering, because when I directly upload to my Nextcloud, the problem is not that bad and it’s pretty accurate.

If there’s no way to fix this then I’d like to know if there’s a way to remove the “Time left” text inside the progression bar while keeping the actual progression bar?

Following the relevant part of my nginx setting/config for nextcloud:

location / {
proxy_pass https://MY-NEXTCLOUD;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_max_temp_file_size 5000m;
}

I also tried the following to prevent from buffering / caching while upload… but for some reason it didn’t work -> nginx still cached/buffered the upload on itself before transfering it to nextcloud after the client->nginx upload finished:

location / {
proxy_pass https://MY-NEXTCLOUD;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Connection “”;
proxy_buffering off;
proxy_request_buffering off;
}

And last but not least my config.php of nextcloud:

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'XXYYZZ', 'passwordsalt' => 'XXYYZZ', 'secret' => 'XXYYZZ', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'XXYYZZ', 1 => 'XXYYZZ', 2 => 'XXYYZZ', 3 => 'XXYYZZ', 4 => 'XXYYZZ', ), 'datadirectory' => '/data', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '11.0.1.2', 'dbname' => 'nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'nextcloud', 'dbpassword' => 'XXYYZZ', 'logtimezone' => 'Europe/Berlin', 'installed' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'ldapIgnoreNamingRules' => false, 'ldapProviderFactory' => '\\OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAPProviderFactory', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_from_address' => 'nextcloud', 'mail_domain' => 'XXYYZZ', 'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN', 'mail_smtpauth' => 1, 'mail_smtphost' => 'XXYYZZ', 'mail_smtpport' => '587', 'mail_smtpname' => 'XXYYZZ', 'mail_smtppassword' => 'XXYYZZ', 'loglevel' => 0, 'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/', 'theme' => 'XXYYZZ', 'default_language' => 'en', 'trashbin_retention_obligation' => '7,30', 'session_lifetime' => 28800, 'maintenance' => false, 'updater.release.channel' => 'stable', 'tempdirectory' => '/data/tmp/', );

So a lot text for an actually simple question: Is there a way to remove the “Time left” text inside the progression bar while keeping the actual progression bar?

Thank’s alot and hopefully I didn’t miss anything…

Greetings from Germany!

Thanks for your help!

I just moved to the dev-section, perhaps developers look more often here.

One way to go is to check the html-code where the message in generated and to find the corresponding code on github.com/nextcloud/server/issues). You can probably comment the related section.

Thanks for the hint