Reminder for some topics

nc docs? since there is no real wiki as for now?

NC Docs!

Good point. But than we (nc-community) should translate Articles published in the :bookmark_tabs: How to category mentioned by @JasonBayton in a view languages.
And maybe “pin” this category to the landing-page (help.nextcloud.com).

Would totally agree to not start with another platform (wiki) again. Discourse basically offers the same features, as well sorted category and docs.nextcloud.com looks like a wiki for me, indeed one that can not be edited directly.

So to fast track and link solutions, also to issues that are not only Nextcloud related, specific to apps, give users possibility to directly ask questions to etc., the #How-to-FAQs category is a great idea.

Well proven things from there could be transferred into the docs as officially supported solutions or what. Generally I think the knowledge transfer from forum to docs could be a bid more fluent. Some things in the howto’s here are better explained, more complete etc. than in docs, but most things do not find their way into github/docs.

I fully endorse this. You’re spot on.

I also think docs.nc should be a WIKI. I like the format generally and appreciate it’s easy to duplicate for new major versions, but it’s a remnant of the OC stuff which feels like the barrier for entry on editing is not as easy as it could be. Yes, PR for an update, but wikipedia is successful in part because I can login and edit right there without any backend knowledge of the system or processes.

Agreed on that last point. We need a new solution that is easier to use and edit.

1 Like