Release notes for App updates please

I use several Apps in Nextcloud (thank you!).
When a new App update is released I would like to know why I should update - what are the new features, bug fixes etc?
I have not been able to find this information for either Contacts or Calendar.
Please can you tell me where to find it?
Thank you

Release notes

Calendar:

Contacts:

1 Like

Good idea, but also part of a larger need to revamp the appstore. My understanding anyway.

For other apps you find information for the releases on the right side of the Github website under Releases.

Examples:
GitHub - nextcloud/server: โ˜๏ธ Nextcloud server, a safe home for all your data
GitHub - nextcloud/spreed: ๐Ÿ—จ๏ธ Nextcloud Talk โ€“ chat, video & audio calls for Nextcloud
GitHub - nextcloud/forms: ๐Ÿ“ Simple form & survey app for Nextcloud
GitHub - nextcloud/unsplash: ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ”€โ˜๏ธ Random Nextcloud log in background from Unsplash

Funny that it is missing from at least the two apps mentioned above.
GitHub - nextcloud/calendar: ๐Ÿ“† Calendar app for Nextcloud
GitHub - nextcloud/contacts: ๐Ÿ“‡ Contacts app for Nextcloud

Thank you. As @devnull says, other apps have a link to release notes on GitHub. I hadnโ€™t spotted that as, so far, Iโ€™ve only installed Contacts and Calendar. Perhaps the link to release notes could be added to bring these apps into line with others?

Thank you.

Releases at GitHub are not used for every app.
The groupware team decided to use repo โ€œnextcloud-releasesโ€ to maintain their changelogs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.