Redis not working on another node

I have Redis configured for distributed caching. I am just testing it now, and I configured it with the default settings found on the Nextcloud documentation.

I then configured a second node to connect to the first node’s redis. I opened the firewall, and I think it is working as I see traffic reaching the server 1’s redis port.

However, now I get this on the Server 2:

Internal Server Error

“The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.”

Any clue of that it could be?

As written, check the the Nextcloud and web server log files. Very often a PHP module hasn’t been loaded correctly.

Thanks @j-ed . The thing is that neither of them present any error whatsoever. On server 1, if I stop the redis service, I can see errors in the nextcloud log right away. On server 2, no logs at all. When I reload a page, the apache webserver only presents a 500 error on its side.

Jost got fixed. I added php_info(); to index.php, and saw that redis wasn’t there. It seems that nextcloud was using another php binary installed on the server. I solved the conflict, and it works now.

1 Like