Redis issue with Nextcloudpi after solid operation for 1 month

So after posting how awesome Nextcloudplus is on the telegram group, as luck would have it, Redis died (Nextcloudplus is, of course, still awesome). The installation is on a 200GB uSD card on a HC2 system with 3TB of storage as close to stock as they come after imaging the uSD card with the Nextcloudpi.

Suddenly this weekend, the following posted to the normal website

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

sudo ncp-report: https://pastebin.com/BJbYeKLn

systemctl status redis

root@nextcloudplus:~# systemctl status redis

***** redis-server.service - Advanced key-value store
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/redis-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2018-12-16 23:35:21 UTC; 24min ago
Docs: http://redis.io/documentation,
man:redis-server(1)
Process: 2047 ExecStopPost=/bin/run-parts --verbose /etc/redis/redis-server.post-down.d (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 4275 ExecStart=/usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 4271 ExecStartPre=/bin/run-parts --verbose /etc/redis/redis-server.pre-up.d (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Dec 16 23:35:21 nextcloudplus systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Dec 16 23:35:21 nextcloudplus systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Dec 16 23:35:21 nextcloudplus systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Dec 16 23:35:21 nextcloudplus systemd[1]: Stopped Advanced key-value store.
Dec 16 23:35:21 nextcloudplus systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Dec 16 23:35:21 nextcloudplus systemd[1]: Failed to start Advanced key-value store.
Dec 16 23:35:21 nextcloudplus systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Dec 16 23:35:21 nextcloudplus systemd[1]: redis-server.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

and cat /var/log/redis/redis-server.log shows nothing

from github, permissions check suggestion

root@nextcloudplus:~# ls -l /var/log/redis -d
drwxr-x— 2 root root 4096 Nov 12 06:25 /var/log/redis
You have new mail in /var/mail/root
root@nextcloudplus:~# ls -l /var/log/redis
total 0
-rw-rw---- 1 root root 0 Dec 16 19:00 redis-server.log

As i said, I didn’t touch any permissions or do anything custom with this machine.

Help would be greatly appreciated as this is our production system and the office will kill me if they come in and there is nextcloudplus problem!

So chown -R redis:redis /var/log/redis and permission flags? And should I add this to the rc.local or something if this happens magically?

So the solution to this issue is to issue the following command:

chown -R redis:redis /var/logs/redis

And the site comes back up - the jury is still out on how this happened and what circumstances align to change ownership of the logfile to root.