RCs of 25.0.2, 24.0.8, 23.0.12

Maintenance releases of 25.0.2, 24.0.8 and 23.0.12 are coming in a week and RCs for those are now available on our download server.

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!

We updated our servers, did our tests, and the release candidates seem pretty decent. Still, give it a whirl and report back here so weā€™re even more sure that itā€™s good to go! If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

:headstone: Nextcloud 23 will receive its last release and enter end of life. If you are still on 23, it is a good idea to plan your upgrade.

:elephant: Also PHP 7.4 enters end of life on Nov 28 and will not receive any secruity releases by the PHP team anymore. If you have not so far, strongly consider to upgrade your PHP installation or distribution.

Downloads

Changelog

25.0.2 RC1

24.0.8 RC1

23.0.12 RC1

5 Likes

Is it really intended that the contrast fixes also include the line separators? This looks completely out of place to meā€¦ to put it nicely. :wink:

Additional note: These screenshots are taken from the default Light and Dark themes in 25.0.2 RC1. This is not about the High Contrast theme.

Btw. it also affects the light theme, where it looks even more out of place:

Cc @pytal @jan @nimisha

My proposal would be only adjusting the border color if the high-contrast mode is chosen. Wdyt?

2 Likes

Just to make sure we are all talking about the same thing. Iā€™m not talking about the High Contrast theme. In 25.0.2 RC, the default Light and Dark themes are looking like this. The High Contrast theme, always had higher contrast line separators, similar to my screenshots, which is fine I guess.

2 Likes

Where is the appropriate place to report issue iā€™ve got while upgrading to 25.0.2 RC1 ?

I guess best would be here: Sign in to GitHub Ā· GitHub

1 Like

thank you!

@bb77 thanks a lot for the note, totally agree! The issue is tracked at [BITV] Border color too intense now Ā· Issue #35457 Ā· nextcloud/server Ā· GitHub

2 Likes

+1 on the grey border. I really donā€™t like it, especially since it also applies to things like the Agenda!