RC 3 of NC 25.0.2

The maintenance release of 25.0.2 is coming this week and a third RC is now available on our download server.

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!

We updated our servers, did our tests, and the release candidates seem pretty decent. Still, give it a whirl and report back here so we’re even more sure that it’s good to go! If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

:elephant: Also PHP 7.4 reached end of life on Nov 28 and will not receive any security releases by the PHP team anymore. If you have not so far, strongly consider to upgrade your PHP or distribution.

Downloads

Changelog

25.0.2 RC3

4 Likes

@blizzz thanks for your continued work on Nextcloud.
You say

please report back on the appropriate github repository!

but I am having trouble locating the appropriate repository.
I have resisted the urge not to report, given that reporting correctly is hard. I think it is in everyone’s best interests to get good and wide feedback, but that means it should be easy to report.
For future releases, would it be possible to add a link to a page which would act as a guide to common places for appropriate feedback, and provide some guidelines as to how to locate those less common places?

Meanwhile, I’d appreciate if you could guide me to the most appropriate places to report the following issues:
Context:

sudo -u apache php /var/www/html/verivault/updater/updater.phar \
  Nextcloud Updater - version: v25.0.0beta3-17-gef6cf2d

Current version is 25.0.0.

Update to Nextcloud 25.0.2 RC3 available. (channel: "beta")
  Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/prereleases/nextcloud-25.0.2rc3.zip

Problem with cms_pico version

Repair info: Syncing Pico CMS app data folder ?
  An unhandled exception has been thrown:
  TypeError: OC\Files\Utils\Scanner::__construct(): Argument #4 ($logger) must be of type Psr\Log\LoggerInterface, OC\Log given, called in /extra/www/html/verivault/apps/cms_pico/lib/Files/StorageFolder.php on line 204 and defined in /extra/www/html/verivault/lib/private/Files/Utils/Scanner.php:95
  Stack trace:
  #0 /extra/www/html/verivault/apps/cms_pico/lib/Files/StorageFolder.php(204): OC\Files\Utils\Scanner->__construct(NULL, Object(OC\DB\ConnectionAdapter), Object(OC\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher), Object(OC\Log))
  #1 /extra/www/html/verivault/apps/cms_pico/lib/Service/FileService.php(186): OCA\CMSPico\Files\StorageFolder->sync(false)

I can work around this by stepping back to v1.0.19 and editing the max-version to 25.

Problem with cms_pico performance
Rendering pages under cms_pico takes far too long (several minutes).

Problem with scan-app-data

sudo -u apache php /var/www/html/nextcloud/console.php files:scan-app-data
  Scanning AppData for files

In ScanAppData.php line 242:

Implicit conversion from float 2.783333333333333 to int loses precision  

files:scan-app-data [--output [OUTPUT]] [--] [<folder>]

Problem with emlviewer

sudo -u apache php /var/www/html/nextcloud/console.php -vvv app:update --all
  forms new version available: 3.0.1
  forms updated
  emlviewer new version available: 1.0.4
  Error: App "Eml Viewer" cannot be installed because the following dependencies are not fulfilled: Server version 24 or lower is required.
  emlviewer updated

Problem with rendering
I have to edit the .htaccess file on each update, otherwise
when AllowOverride = All (so this file is allowed to override), the nextcloud page rendering is corrupted.

/var/www/html/nextcloud/.htaccess
    #SetEnv front_controller_active true

Problem with logging
The index.php/settings/admin/loggingpage flashes the logs, but then goes blank.

For cms_pico report bugs here : Issues · nextcloud/cms_pico · GitHub

For eml viewer report bugs here: Issues · newroco/emlviewer · GitHub

Files scan-app-data

Cant be reproduced on 5 of my servers. My suggestion is to deactivate a few apps and the rerun. if it works, enable one app at a time until you encounter it.

IF you still think its a bug report it here: Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub

The rendering problem. Does it go away if you reset the theming part? Commenting out that line should not be needed. (Rendering looks ok on all my systems that runs 25.0.1 to 25.0.2rc3)

If its still there report it here: Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub

3 Likes

@SmallOne Thanks for the very useful advice.

I submitted these new bugs:

And I added comments to likely existing bugs:

2 Likes