RaspberryPi Nextcloudpi What do I need?

Hi I just ordered this 2018 release Raspberry Pi Model B+ and a SD card and power supply 5.1V 2.5a

I’m aiming to install NextCloudPi

However, as I’m new to Raspberry Pi I’m just wondering what else I’ll need for the board?

I have USB Keyboard/Mouse and plenty HDMI cables.

I have a spare 6TB WD Elements External drive (is that too large? And if so could I just partition it?)

Any suggestions? I appreciate any help.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It all sounds good so far so far!

2 Likes

Thank you very much, that’s great information to get me going. Excellent!! :slight_smile:

Just one last question.

How do I change my username? I didn’t put much thought into it when I created an account some time ago. I’d like to use the username I use on various forums.

If you need to change the Nextcloud admin account you can change your login settings from the web interface at port your.ip:4443 in your browser.

1 Like

Oh, sorry. I meant the username in this forum.

Click your profile icon in the top right of forum window, and click the preferences icon, that will show up, just below it, you can then set your forum name in the screen that will open.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply,

I did as you directed but it appears that there isn’t a way to edit the username/forum name

Edit: May be only the Moderators/Admin can change the forum username?

Yep, it seems one can only edit the full name field not the user name field.

1 Like

Its all set up now. However there are a few things to iron out. Also, Im not sure if I’ll forward ports and allow WAN access, or just use my OpenVPN server on my ASUS RT-AX88U to use the App on my iPhone when out and about. For all the years I’ve used computers and routers at home I’ve never forwarded ports because of the amount of people who claim its a major security risk. What do you think?

The Modersator changed the username. Much better than the ridicules last username :slight_smile: