Random problem downloading files in Desktop client

Hello,

I come to you following the use of NextCloud, impossible to download certain files of my colleagues.

The issue is totally random based on my co-workers records.

Nextcloud on Windows sees the folders but it does not download them or downloads part of the folders or files.

We have NextCloud Windows update and server updates is automatic.

https://zupimages.net/up/22/16/b32m.png

Thanks in advance

Check the size of the folder. How may megabytes or gigabytes?

Perhaps it is larger than the maximum size you allow the desktop client to sync.

Hello,

A big thank you for your return, indeed, I had not seen the difference, the file is 15 GB on the server and 15 Go on Windows NextCloud.

Do you have any idea on the procedure to have the same size measurement on both.

Many thanks in advance

We have NextCloud Windows update and server updates is automatic.

I’m assuming you are referring to the Nextcloud desktop client. It has documentation here.

Please confirm which version of the desktop app your Windows machine is running. Should be a numerical value (3.4.0) under About.

General size is fine. You might have disabled certain sizes, or disabled folders in specific locations, from syncing. The person using the machine can also do this at anytime fyi.

You can check from the client machine Desktop app settings.

Confirm what is being synced on the Desktop Client
  1. Nextcloud Desktop app should be visible in the toolbar on client machine.
  2. Select settings from the toolbar > … menu > Choose What to Sync

or, click the drop down arrow left of each “Folder Sync Connection” to see what is being synced (checkmarked).

Example:
Work Photos
Consultations <— this means it is not being synced.

Asking for confirmation before synchronizing folders large than xxx MB
  1. Nextcloud Desktop Settings
  2. General
  3. Ask for confirmation before synchronizing folders larger than [xxx] MB
  4. Ask for confirmation before synchronizing external storages
Ask for confirmation before synchronizing external storages
  1. Nextcloud Desktop Settings
  2. General
  3. Ask for confirmation before synchronizing external storages

If you still need help please fill out the support template you discarded when making this post. Thanks!

Thank you for your return, really, I confirm that we have deactivated the options for the synchronization of files greater than 500 MB and the option for external storage.

We have tested with the option that allows not to download files immediately and we no longer have any problem, the directories are correct, the download is only done when the file is opened.

But the problem is not solved.

Please fill out the linked support template above. Then go into as explicit detail as possible on what the unsolved problem is using logs and screenshots to explain. Thanks.