Quota issues after updating to 24.0.7

After my instalation self updated a few days back it does not allow any writes reporting quota is being exceeded.

I used to have quotas set for the users like 1T or 500G. But those are now gone and show as zero with a red bar. Editing the user quota in the Users page has no effect. It allows me to edit the value, enter a new value (that shows the bar in blue) and apply the update. But refreshing the page show quotas as zero again.

The errors messages are like “Upload of 11kB exceeds the quota for the folder directory…”.

I have several TB of space available and restarting the machine also did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Nextcloud version: 24.0.7
Operating system and version : Linux 5.10.103-v7l+ #1529 SMP Tue Mar 8 12:24:00 GMT 2022 armv7l (raspberry pi)
Apache or nginx version: Could not find…
PHP version: 8.0.25
Database: mysql 8.0.31

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
It is huge, but here are a few lines (I filtered for errors and warnings only, let a few Info only):

Info	no app in context	Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "ocs.password_policy.API.validate" as such route does not exist.		19 minutes ago
Info	no app in context	Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "ocs.password_policy.API.generate" as such route does not exist.		19 minutes ago
Warning	core	Login failed: 'edevaldo' (Remote IP: '192.168.1.1')		an hour ago
Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\InsufficientStorage: Insufficient space in ****, 406542 required, 0 available		6 hours ago
Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\InsufficientStorage: Insufficient space in ****, 11675 required, 0 available		10 hours ago
Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\InsufficientStorage: Insufficient space in ****, 1025294 required, 0 available		19 hours ago
Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\InsufficientStorage: Insufficient space in ****, 406542 required, 0 available		a day ago
Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\InsufficientStorage: Insufficient space in ****, 11675 required, 0 available

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'apps_paths' =>
  array (
    0 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/snap/nextcloud/current/htdocs/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/extra-apps',
      'url' => '/extra-apps',
      'writable' => true,
    ),
  ),
  'supportedDatabases' =>
  array (
    0 => 'mysql',
  ),
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' =>
  array (
    'host' => '/tmp/sockets/redis.sock',
    'port' => 0,
  ),
  'instanceid' => ****
  'passwordsalt' => ****
  'secret' => ****
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => ****
    1 => ****
    2 => ****
    3 => ****
    4 => ****
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/media/nextdata',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '24.0.7.1',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => ****
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost:/tmp/sockets/mysql.sock',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => ****
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 0,
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'tls',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_from_address' => ****
  'mail_domain' => ****
  'mail_smtphost' => ****
  'mail_smtpport' => ****
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtpname' => ****
  'mail_smtppassword' => ****
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

could not find it yet....

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

could not find it yet...

This should be fixed with 24.0.8

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the comment.

The machine is almost unusable at this point. Is there any workaround? Any idea how long it will take the fix to be available?

The release is planned for 08.12.

1 Like

It seems the problem was related to this issue:

The version 24.0.8 of the snap package upgraded today and it seem to have fixed the problem.

Before that the recommended work around of setting the quota to unlimited also helped. But I had to attempt it seven times for some reason. After doing it 2-3 times it worked as as intended. Now with 24.0.8 I was able to set the quotas back.