PSA: App Install Permissions Error

Just an FYI for people who run into something having to do with the following error when installing an app (this example is the group_folders app):

An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table 'nextcloud'.'oc_group_folders' (errno: 13 "Permission denied")

Specifically the “(errno: 13 "Permission denied")” part, when trying to install an app. It tends to show up under the “Download and Install” button colored bright yellow in the interface.

It is a database error. It means for some reason the nextcloud user in he database has no permissions to create a table.

For MySQL, Open the MySQL command line (wherever it’s installed) with:
mysql -p
Enter your password.
Then run the following:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON nextcloud.* TO 'nextcloud' IDENTIFIED BY '<yourpassword>';

Hopefully that helps some people. I could not find anything having to do with this error online, so I am posting it here.

1 Like

I have the same issue i tried creating an SQL a POSTGRES_USER and GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON nextcloud.* TO ‘nextcloud’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘’;
Is there a way to see wich user needs permissons or is there a way to change the user. Maybe I don’t understand what the postgeres_user meens and I read it is supposed to be in the docs but when I looked its not on the pages I saw. So I get the same Error: Fehler

Error while trying to initialise the database: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table nextcloud.oc_migrations (errno: 13 “Permission denied”)

Administrationskonto anlegen