Proxmox VM Dietpi with NCP 24 -> upgrade to NCP 25 hangs / timeout

Hi there,

maybe someone can help me to figure out the problem.

I do have the following configuration:

• Proxmox
  • VM with dietpi installation = debian
  • NCP24

Everything works fine, fast and without any problems.

Yesterday I made a backup and updated to version NCP 25 (I had to remove php 8.2 as this version was installed automatically). The update went well and I was able to login and to work with NCP 25. During this work I realized, that NCP was hanging / went into some timeouts. I was not able to re-produce the problem. There was no app inside ncp causing the problem. It happend on a minutely basis unlinked to any app inside ncp. I also connected to the vm directly, controlled the cpu or memory usage → nothing special. I logged into nc directly on the local vm with the local ip adress. The hanging was still there.

My question: can anyone please help me to isolate the problem. Means, what can I do the check the problem causer.

Many thanks
Stoneubi

NextCloudPi diagnostics

NextCloudPi version  v1.50.5
NextCloudPi image    NextCloudPi_07-17-22
OS                   Debian GNU/Linux 11. 5.10.0-21-amd64 (x86_64)
automount            no
USB devices          none
datadir              /var/www/nextcloud/data
data in SD           yes
data filesystem      ext2/ext3
data disk usage      10G/63G
rootfs usage         10G/63G
swapfile             /var/swap
dbdir                /var/lib/mysql
Nextcloud check      error
HTTPD service        up
PHP service          up
MariaDB service      up
Redis service        up
HPB service          down
Postfix service      up
Internet check       ok
public IP            ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
public IP            ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
Port check 80        closed
Port check 443       closed
IP                   ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
gateway              ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
Interface            eth0
certificates         ***REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE***
NAT loopback         no
Uptime               10:35

Nextcloud configuration

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP>=8.2.<br/>You are currently running 8.2.1.
HTTPd logs

Database logs

tail: '/var/log/mysql/*.log' kann nicht zum Lesen geöffnet werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Nextcloud logs

{"reqId":"Y8V9CsXbSFbbc6slF6xlKgAAAAU","level":2,"time":"2023-01-16T17:36:26+01:00","remoteAddr":"81.16.105.159","user":"andrea","app":"no app in context","method":"HEAD","url":"/remote.php/dav/files/andrea/.Contacts-Backup/2023-01-16_17-36-25.vcf","message":"File with name /.Contacts-Backup/2023-01-16_17-36-25.vcf could not be located","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Android) Nextcloud-android/3.23.1","version":"24.0.5.1","exception":{"Exception":"Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\NotFound","Message":"File with name /.Contacts-Backup/2023-01-16_17-36-25.vcf could not be located","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Tree.php","line":78,"function":"getChild","class":"OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\Directory","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/DAV/ViewOnlyPlugin.php","line":75,"function":"getNodeForPath","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Tree","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php","line":89,"function":"checkViewOnly","class":"OCA\\DAV\\DAV\\ViewOnlyPlugin","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":472,"function":"emit","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php","line":251,"function":"invokeMethod","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php","line":89,"function":"httpHead","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":472,"function":"emit","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":253,"function":"invokeMethod","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":321,"function":"start","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php","line":358,"function":"exec","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php","line":35,"function":"exec","class":"OCA\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php","line":166,"args":["/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php"],"function":"require_once"}],"File":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Directory.php","Line":242,"message":"File with name /.Contacts-Backup/2023-01-16_17-36-25.vcf could not be located","exception":{},"CustomMessage":"File with name /.Contacts-Backup/2023-01-16_17-36-25.vcf could not be located"}}
{"reqId":"Y8bOmRY6sLvhVhwpWQW0RQAAAEA","level":2,"time":"2023-01-17T17:36:42+01:00","remoteAddr":"81.16.105.159","user":"andrea","app":"no app in context","method":"HEAD","url":"/remote.php/dav/files/andrea/.Contacts-Backup/2023-01-17_17-36-40.vcf","message":"File with name /.Contacts-Backup/2023-01-17_17-36-40.vcf could not be located","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Android) Nextcloud-android/3.23.1","version":"24.0.5.1","exception":{"Exception":"Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\NotFound","Message":"File with name /.Contacts-Backup/2023-01-17_17-36-40.vcf could not be located","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Tree.php","line":78,"function":"getChild","class":"OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\Directory","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/DAV/ViewOnlyPlugin.php","line":75,"function":"getNodeForPath","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Tree","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php","line":89,"function":"checkViewOnly","class":"OCA\\DAV\\DAV\\ViewOnlyPlugin","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":472,"function":"emit","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php","line":251,"function":"invokeMethod","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php","line":89,"function":"httpHead","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":472,"function":"emit","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":253,"function":"invokeMethod","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":321,"function":"start","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php","line":358,"function":"exec","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php","line":35,"function":"exec","class":"OCA\\DAV\\Server","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php","line":166,"args":["/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php"],"function":"require_once"}],"File":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Direct

Hi there,

I was able to find the problem.

In NC24 the app Nextcloud Office was enabled and at the administrator settings panel at the nextcloud office settings the first checkbox was enabled. This checkbox calls the self hosted integrated collabora server in nextcloud office. A green checkbox indicates that the server is available.

Upgrading to NC25 with the same settings caused the timeout. Nextcloud was not able to connect to the collabora server anymore. I disabled the nextcloud office app and now everything works. No time out any more.

Maybe this helps other users having the same issue.

Best regards
Stoneubi