Profile message keeps returning when i start the client

Nextcloud version: 11.0.2
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 16.04.02 LTS
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4
PHP version: 7.0
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): Yes, by closing the client and restarting it.
This is done on windows versions 7-10

The issue you are facing: Each time i start the computer and thus the client i get a message popup that warns me to set profile information. If i then press close in the Nextcloud client it disappears from the client. After a restart the message is back.

When i use the web client i can see the message i have. clicking it takes me to the profile page.
In it i have set my name and email and i think that should be enough? Still the message will not go away.

Am i missing a button somewhere?

Name, email and avatar are the things it’s looking for.
We adjusted the message for the next release already to make that more clear.

Dismissing a notification seems to be wrongly implemented on the client. But you can login on the web UI and dismiss the notification there, then it should be gone for ever.

Is there anywhere to change those settings. The email and name i get, but would like to make the avatar optional?

As for the webclient dismiss notification, it seems thats the small x that appears at the top right of the message popup.
Would it be possible to add a line to the message saying: click here to dismiss this message?

Thanks for the quick reply btw :wink:

In lib/Notification/Notifier.php you can replace (line 77-78)

$user->getEMailAddress() &&
    					(!$user->canChangeAvatar() || $user->getAvatarImage(32) !== null)

with:

$user->getEMailAddress()
1 Like