we face a problem with public direct links, created via the OCS API.
Please help us.
- We get a filelist like this: Basic APIs — Nextcloud latest Developer Manual latest documentation
- with that we get a fileId, which we use to create a public direct link like this: OCS APIs overview — Nextcloud latest Developer Manual latest documentation
which gives us a nice proper public link, which works fine, when pasted into the browser address bar
- We list those links as HTML links in our intranet.
- if we click on one link, a new tab opens and the file is shown or downloaded (depending on file type: pdf, md, odt)
- if we click a second time, we get a
HTTP ERROR 503
- if we click any other listed file, the error shows immediately
- we figured out, that 4 cookies are set in the web storage and as long as one specific cookie exists, the link will fail. We tested that by just deleting the one cookie “ocppvjk1lhdq”
- Nextcloud v 26.0.1
- the Nextcloud server is in a docker container, behind træfik and fail2ban
- we digged through the log files, and it seems to be no error on the PHP side, we are not sure though, if that plays a role here anyway
- The problem is not Browser specific, happens in Chrome and Firefox alike
- our Nextcloud enforces password in shared files, as well as expiration date
- we tried the share link api: OCS Share API — Nextcloud latest Developer Manual latest documentation but can’t use this approach for usability reasons (namely passwords have to be shared)