Problems setting up TOTP

Hello everybody,
i’ve setup nextcloud on a Freenas a couple of days ago and it seems everything to be ok. It runs in the local lan, i can access it thru internet. Fine. Now i would like to setup TOTP, but something goes wrong. I’ve installed the plugin on a windows 10 client, set it to active under “management - security” but under “personal - security” i get an internal error message, that the server could not process the request. Unfortunately nothing more. Some details should be in the server protokoll.
Well, first, i don’t know where to find this protokoll on Freenas. Secondly, i thought, it could be a known problem, that could be lost simply. Maybe knows somebody common problems setting up this TOTP. I have a Freenas 11.2 and the new Nextcloud (installed 2 weeks ago).
I didn’t find nothing similar in the forum. Somebody can help a beginner?
Thanks in advance

hey @tetozito

welcome to the forum and thanks for your first contribution here.

you just wrote

and

so it could happen that it’s really not known so far. which means for you: the forum needs more infos about your instance
so far we know

• freenas 11.2
  • nc 18.0.2 or 3

thats’s not really much. if you wouldn’t mind installing issue template app and run it on your instance, copy & paste it’s output here that would really help, i think.

you’re gonna find it on your admin-account - settings - administration - logging, e.g.

awww. and do you have enchryption turned on?

1 Like

Hello Jimmy, i’ve Freenas 11.2 U7 and Nextcloud 17.0.1.1 You can see below the report.
But … i noticed other errors in the configurations that should be lost first. So i think would be better i close this thread and loose the other problems first. Feel free to look anyway at this report. If you notice something it could help me to configure nextcloud better, i would be happy. If not, thank you anyway for your quick response.
Stefano

Check your bug report before submitting it

Please always check if the automatically filled out information is correct and there is nothing important missing, before reporting the issue.

This report will be submitted to nextcloud/server

Steps to reproduce

1. Installing Plugin 2) under options - management - Security set to active 3) ckick under options - personal - security

Expected behaviour

i should come the configuration page of totp

Actual behaviour

i get a error message, that the server cannot perform the operation.

Server configuration detail

Operating system: FreeBSD 11.2-STABLE FreeBSD 11.2-STABLE #0 r325575+c9231c7d6bd(HEAD): Mon Nov 18 22:46:47 UTC 2019 root@nemesis:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/objs/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/sys/FreeNAS.amd64 amd64

Webserver: nginx/1.16.1 (fpm-fcgi)

Database: mysql 5.6.45

PHP version:

7.1.33 Modules loaded: Core, date, libxml, pcre, Reflection, SPL, hash, session, cgi-fcgi, standard, apcu, bz2, ctype, curl, dom, mbstring, fileinfo, filter, gd, mysqlnd, iconv, imagick, intl, json, ldap, exif, openssl, PDO, posix, SimpleXML, xml, xmlwriter, zip, zlib, pdo_mysql, wddx, xmlreader, xsl, Zend OPcache

Nextcloud version: 17.0.1 - 17.0.1.1

Updated from an older Nextcloud/ownCloud or fresh install: fresh installed

Where did you install Nextcloud from: freenas plugin

Signing statusList of activated appsConfiguration (config/config.php)

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: no

Are you using encryption: false

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: no

Client configuration

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36

Operating system: windows 10 Home, 64 bit

Logs

Web server error logNextcloud logBrowser log

ummm i can’t find much… except for - you are running nc 17.0.1. - not 18.0.3

ummm and yes - if there are other errors they should be solved first.
good luck!

That would be interesting to actually take a peek. Reproduce the problem and check the last lines of your data/nextcloud.log.

1 Like

Hallo @ChristophWurst ,
aufgeklappt den Inhalt den letzten Zeile im Protokoll.
Danke

[index] Error: Exception: Argument 1 passed to OCA\TwoFactorEmail\EmailMask::maskEmail() must be of the type string, null given, called in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/twofactor_email/lib/Provider/State.php on line 80 at <>

1. /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 126
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OC\Settings\Cont … {}, “index”)
  2. /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php line 47
    OC\AppFramework\App::main(“OC\Settings\C … r”, “index”, OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {section: "secur … "})
  3. <>
    OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke({section: "secur … "})
  4. /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 297
    undefinedundefinedcall_user_func(OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {section: "secur … "})
  5. /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1000
    OC\Route\Router->match("/settings/user/security")
  6. /usr/local/www/nextcloud/index.php line 42
    OC::handleRequest()

GET /index.php/settings/user/security
from 83.215.129.93 by Raggiodorato at 2020-04-10T13:47:26+00:00

1 Like

du solltest @ChristophWurst direkt pingen… damit er sich auch angesprochen fühlt… ein @ direkt vor den namen…

1 Like

This is a problem of https://github.com/rullzer/twofactor_email actually. Moving the ticket. there is no category for it yet

1 Like

@CristophWurst: thanks a lot first for spending time for me. Unfortunately it’s a little bit too deep for me and i don’t know what it means. Ìs there nothing to do?

@ChristophWurst: I think, i now what you meant and … in found it. Thanks a lot, the email was … (shame on me).
Lg
Stefano

errrr… if you solved your problem it would be nice if you could give out more detailed info about so that someone with a similar problem could use your hints to maybe resolve their own problems… :wink:
thank you in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JimmyKater: In Nextcloud under Options -> Personal Information -> Email was empty.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there!
I’m not sure if this is the right place for this reply, but do sincerly hope so.

I had the same (similar?) problem in so far as being unable to set up, actually re-enable in my case, 2FA using the TOTP App after having to move my NC installation from one domain to another.

I tried the solution provided above in Post #12. Unfortunately this did not resolve my problem.
What I found in the NC-log was the following indicator (excerpt from log-line corresponding to the problem):
"
{“reqId”:"[REDACTED]",“level”:3,“time”:“2021-02-20T19:04:21+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"[REDACTED]",“user”:"[REDACTED]",“app”:“index”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/index.php/apps/twofactor_totp/settings/enable",“message”:{“Exception”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException”,“Message”:“An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT DISTINCT cp.cardid FROM oc_cards_properties cp WHERE (cp.addressbookid = ?) AND (cp.name = ?) AND (cp.value COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci LIKE ?)’ with params [“3”, [REDACTED]]:\n\nSQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1253 COLLATION ‘utf8mb4_general_ci’ is not valid for CHARACTER SET ‘utf8’”
"
This led me to the following solution:

1. Disable the MySQL 4-byte support
    ==> php occ maintenance:mode --on
    ==> php occ config:system:set mysql.utf8mb4 --type boolean --value=“false”
    ==> php occ maintenance:mode --off
  2. Re-enable 2FA using the TOTP App
  3. Re-enable the MySQL 4-byte support.
    ==> php occ maintenance:mode --on
    ==> php occ config:system:set mysql.utf8mb4 --type boolean --value=“true”
    ==> php occ maintenance:mode --off

Remark:
I have “utf8mb4_general_cli” enabled as per the section “Database configuration » Enabling MySQL 4-byte support” in the Nextcloud manual.

[Update]
The NC installed is version 20.0.7

1 Like

could you post the full json of the error log entry? I’m interested in the URL

Sure,
Here you go.
"
{“reqId”:“YDFdNccdogmdJbGkpwoOzAAAAIw”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-02-20T19:04:21+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“83.80.156.100”,“user”:“Haeusler-Koeln_NC_Master”,“app”:“index”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/index.php/apps/twofactor_totp/settings/enable",“message”:{“Exception”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException”,“Message”:“An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT DISTINCT cp.cardid FROM oc_cards_properties cp WHERE (cp.addressbookid = ?) AND (cp.name = ?) AND (cp.value COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci LIKE ?)’ with params [“3”, “CLOUD”, “%Haeusler-Koeln\\_NC\\_Master@annelise.haeusler.koeln%”]:\n\nSQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1253 COLLATION ‘utf8mb4_general_ci’ is not valid for CHARACTER SET ‘utf8’”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php",“line”:169,“function”:“convertException”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\AbstractMySQLDriver”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php",“line”:149,“function”:“wrapException”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php",“line”:914,“function”:“driverExceptionDuringQuery”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/DB/Connection.php",“line”:202,“function”:“executeQuery”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Connection”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Query/QueryBuilder.php",“line”:206,“function”:“executeQuery”,“class”:“OC\DB\Connection”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php",“line”:217,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/CardDavBackend.php",“line”:1099,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/CardDavBackend.php",“line”:1009,“function”:“searchByAddressBookIds”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\CardDavBackend”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/AddressBookImpl.php",“line”:118,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\CardDavBackend”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/ContactsManager.php",“line”:52,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\AddressBookImpl”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Federation/CloudIdManager.php",“line”:84,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OC\ContactsManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Federation/CloudIdManager.php",“line”:119,“function”:“getDisplayNameFromContact”,“class”:“OC\Federation\CloudIdManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/User/User.php",“line”:476,“function”:“getCloudId”,“class”:“OC\Federation\CloudIdManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/twofactor_totp/lib/Controller/SettingsController.php",“line”:113,“function”:“getCloudId”,“class”:“OC\User\User”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/twofactor_totp/lib/Controller/SettingsController.php",“line”:88,“function”:“getSecretName”,“class”:“OCA\TwoFactorTOTP\Controller\SettingsController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:169,“function”:“enable”,“class”:“OCA\TwoFactorTOTP\Controller\SettingsController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:100,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:152,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:309,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/base.php",“line”:1008,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/index.php",“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::"}],“File”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php",“Line”:106,“Previous”:{“Exception”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException”,“Message”:“SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1253 COLLATION ‘utf8mb4_general_ci’ is not valid for CHARACTER SET ‘utf8’”,“Code”:“42000”,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php",“line”:906,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOStatement”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/DB/Connection.php",“line”:202,“function”:“executeQuery”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Connection”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Query/QueryBuilder.php",“line”:206,“function”:“executeQuery”,“class”:“OC\DB\Connection”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php",“line”:217,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/CardDavBackend.php",“line”:1099,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/CardDavBackend.php",“line”:1009,“function”:“searchByAddressBookIds”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\CardDavBackend”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/AddressBookImpl.php",“line”:118,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\CardDavBackend”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/ContactsManager.php",“line”:52,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\AddressBookImpl”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Federation/CloudIdManager.php",“line”:84,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OC\ContactsManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Federation/CloudIdManager.php",“line”:119,“function”:“getDisplayNameFromContact”,“class”:“OC\Federation\CloudIdManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/User/User.php",“line”:476,“function”:“getCloudId”,“class”:“OC\Federation\CloudIdManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/twofactor_totp/lib/Controller/SettingsController.php",“line”:113,“function”:“getCloudId”,“class”:“OC\User\User”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/twofactor_totp/lib/Controller/SettingsController.php",“line”:88,“function”:“getSecretName”,“class”:“OCA\TwoFactorTOTP\Controller\SettingsController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:169,“function”:“enable”,“class”:“OCA\TwoFactorTOTP\Controller\SettingsController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:100,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:152,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:309,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/base.php",“line”:1008,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/index.php",“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::"}],“File”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOStatement.php",“Line”:129,“Previous”:{“Exception”:“PDOException”,“Message”:“SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1253 COLLATION ‘utf8mb4_general_ci’ is not valid for CHARACTER SET ‘utf8’”,“Code”:“42000”,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOStatement.php",“line”:127,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“PDOStatement”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php",“line”:906,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOStatement”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/DB/Connection.php",“line”:202,“function”:“executeQuery”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Connection”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Query/QueryBuilder.php",“line”:206,“function”:“executeQuery”,“class”:“OC\DB\Connection”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php",“line”:217,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/CardDavBackend.php",“line”:1099,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/CardDavBackend.php",“line”:1009,“function”:“searchByAddressBookIds”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\CardDavBackend”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/dav/lib/CardDAV/AddressBookImpl.php",“line”:118,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\CardDavBackend”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/ContactsManager.php",“line”:52,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\CardDAV\AddressBookImpl”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Federation/CloudIdManager.php",“line”:84,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OC\ContactsManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Federation/CloudIdManager.php",“line”:119,“function”:“getDisplayNameFromContact”,“class”:“OC\Federation\CloudIdManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/User/User.php",“line”:476,“function”:“getCloudId”,“class”:“OC\Federation\CloudIdManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/twofactor_totp/lib/Controller/SettingsController.php",“line”:113,“function”:“getCloudId”,“class”:“OC\User\User”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/apps/twofactor_totp/lib/Controller/SettingsController.php",“line”:88,“function”:“getSecretName”,“class”:“OCA\TwoFactorTOTP\Controller\SettingsController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:169,“function”:“enable”,“class”:“OCA\TwoFactorTOTP\Controller\SettingsController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:100,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:152,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:309,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/lib/base.php",“line”:1008,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/index.php",“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::"}],“File”:"/var/www/vhosts/haeusler.koeln/annelise.haeusler.koeln/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOStatement.php",“Line”:127}},“CustomMessage”:"–"},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:85.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/85.0”,“version”:“20.0.7.1”}
"
Let me know if you need more infomation.

looks like a problem outside the scope of twofactor_totp

I suggest checking Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub for existing tickets with the same database error or possibly reading Enabling MySQL 4-byte support — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation for any db misconfigurations

1 Like

Hi @ChristophWurst,

Thank you for looking into the issue, as well as your answer!
The link you provided concerning the configuration,

has been the one I consulted during configuration of my MySQL (5.7 atm), configuration prior to installing an configuring NC.
Seeing as I know how to work around this issue, I can currently live with it.