Problems installing @ webhoster

hi there,

i just tried to install NextCloud at domainfactory.

wouldn´t work, i would get error messages:

Error while trying to create the admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in the driver:
SQLSTATE(HY000)(2054) Connection to 3.22, 3.23 & 4.0 servers is not supported

Unfortunately, since I am no pro, I don´t have a clue what this means.

Anybody does?

Do you know what version of MySQL the host is running?

It´s running 5.6.19, the only version available to me at that hoster it seems

btw, I could ad that this specific error didn´t occur when i tried to set up OwnCloud 9 on the same system with the same process

Anybody any idea whats going on here?

I think it has to do with password hashing changes in between MySQL versions, try to change your password on the MySQL database (reset it) and try again.

That did it!!

Great thanks…

no i wonder if there is any reason i should put in the nextcloud instead of the owncloud…

If you go and read the reasons the Nextcloud developers forked, who they are and the results they’ve gotten in the short time Nextcloud has been public, I’m sure you’ll find plenty of good reasons. I know I did.

Yes, I did imagine so.

However, since I did not get much help here in getting my nextcloud to rund, I had to resort to some friends who helped me with a owncloud setup.

Or can you help me whats for me to do with the following error messages?

Technical information

The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
them.

Results

• core
    • INVALID_HASH
      • .htaccess
    • FILE_MISSING
      • .user.ini

Raw output

Array
(
[core] => Array
(
[INVALID_HASH] => Array
(
[.htaccess] => Array
(
[expected] => 4a97aae4d05df89a28bf2e63fe2a31cdf2afe74d3c9f622afb581d6b0f1f4e001639c7c3a31d7aaa793c00d5f355e0bfaad62ec45507245de441cfc552115cd7
[current] => cf83e1357eefb8bdf1542850d66d8007d620e4050b5715dc83f4a921d36ce9ce47d0d13c5d85f2b0ff8318d2877eec2f63b931bd47417a81a538327af927da3e
)

)

[FILE_MISSING] => Array
            (
                [.user.ini] => Array
                    (
                        [expected] => 0a557e3cdca4c2e3675deed761d79d109011dcdebbd9c7f6429f1d3476938ec95729543d7384651d1d0c48e26c5024cc5f517445920915a704ea748bdb903c5f
                        [current] => 
                    )

)

)

)

Or maybe even a different approach:

how can i - not being tec savy - upgrade my owncloud 9 installation on my webserver to nextcould - prefereably of course while the system is running keeping all my settings, but if that is not advisable, i´d rather set up a new installation.

By now, I have set up a complete new installation on our webhoster, which ran pretty smooth but i get some error messages in the log - anything i should take care of or should i just ignore those warnings?

Error PHP opendir(/tmp): failed to open dir: Permission denied at /kunden/16XXXX0_XXXXX/nextcloud/lib/private/TempManager.php#188 2016-07-24T19:34:49+00:00 –
Error PHP opendir(/tmp): failed to open dir: Permission denied at /kunden/16XXXX_XXXX/nextcloud/lib/private/TempManager.php#188 2016-07-24T19:33:10+00:00 –
Error PHP opendir(/tmp): failed to open dir: Permission denied at /kunden/16XXX_XXX/nextcloud/lib/private/TempManager.php#188

You’ve just got some permission problems. Just do a quick search on this forum for one of the bunch of posts about setting file and directory permissions for all of the files in your install.

I did a search for setting the permissions, since i didnt get a real result out of it for me, I tried to contact my webhoster support, but now it really gets tricky for me: what path should I set?

Wir haben die von Ihnen übermittelte Fehlermeldung geprüft und können Ihnen
mitteilen, dass die Komplikationen bezüglich des tmp-Verzeichnisses auftreten, da die
Session-Dateien im Verzeichnis /tmp gespeichert werden und Sie dort nur
eingeschränkte Rechte besitzen.

Daher ist es empfehlenswert die Session-Dateien nicht in diesem Verzeichnis zu
speichern, sondern innerhalb Ihres Webspaces. Um dies zu tun, können Sie in der
php.ini den ‘Session.save_path’ setzen. Dieser Pfad sollte sich in Ihrem
Kundenverzeichnis befinden, damit Sie ausreichende Berechtigungen besitzen. Beachten
Sie bitte, dass es unbedingt notwendig ist, dass diese Dateien regelmäßig gelöscht
werden, um Komplikationen auf Grund der Datenmenge zu vermeiden.

Nähere Informationen zu Sessions und dem “Session.save_path” finden Sie zum Beispiel
auf folgender Webseite:
http://www.php-resource.de/handbuch/ref.session.htm
http://de.php.net/session_save_path

Um die php.ini anzupassen empfehlen wir Ihnen den PHP.INI-Editor zu verwenden. Diesen
erreichen Sie im Kundenmenü unter “https://admin.df.eu”. Hier klicken Sie nach dem
Einloggen auf der linken Seite im “Auftragscenter” im Bereich “Für Profis” auf “PHP-
Einstellungen”.

It’s perhaps already enough to set this in your config/config.php:

You can just use any folder (must be under your control), e.g. /kunden/16XXXX0_XXXXX/nextcloud-tmp

Thanks for your advice, with the help of my webhoster i was able to do it.

However, is there a way to check, test or rescan if the problem persistsor if it is no more a problem for the system?

thanks

Next problem occurs: owncloud client will not connect to new nextcloud installation as i did connect before with owncloud installation… its like milking mice…

Hi lex,

I’m sorry to learn about the many problems you run into. Sounds a bit like you started migrating 4 weeks too early: Nc has just started so there a quite a lot of loose ends yet to tighten on various levels. Perhaps too many for your needs right now?

I know that I’m not helping, but if it is an option for you, why not wait 2 or 3 weeks rather than trying to fix yourself what might not be an issue anymore, once the Devs had the chance to tie things together on the various ends: in this concrete case this would mean: wait for an Nextcloud client to use :wink:

John

Without detailed error messages, nobody can help you. Debugging in hosted environments is difficult, so it is perhaps better to follow the advice of @John and stay a bit longer with owncloud.

When experiencing problems with the client, it can be worth trying the nextcloud-demo-server.

Thanks for the tipp on the demo server - didnt find anything about it, can you point me there?

About error message the owncloud app just says “Zugang vom Server nicht erlaubt. Klicken Sie hier zum Zugriff…” (Login not allowed by server. klick hier to check if you can log in with a browser…") - did so, login with browser is possible.

thanks

https://demo.nextcloud.com
Do you get any logfiles on the server as well?