Problems installing Contacts app

Hello

I have recently installed Nextcloud 9.0.50.0 on a home raspberry for the first time. File sync is working well, and I have managed to sync contacts with my iPhone and my Macbook. I have installed apps, but the Contacts app will not work:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

The log says

{“reqId”:“EtpauQ6ENkOZr0sWrUJd”,“remoteAddr”:“146.0.142.53”,“app”:“index”,“message”:“Exception: {"Exception":"OCP\\AppFramework\\QueryException","Message":"Could not resolve OCA\\Contacts\\Controller\\PageController! Class OCA\\Contacts\\Controller\\PageController does not exist","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/appframework\/utility\/simplecontainer.php(104): OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer->resolve(‘OCA\\\\Contacts\\\\Co…’)\n#1 \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/appframework\/app.php(97): OC\\AppFramework\\Utility\\SimpleContainer->query(‘OCA\\\\Contacts\\\\Co…’)\n#2 \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/appframework\/routing\/routeactionhandler.php(45): OC\\AppFramework\\App::main(‘OCA\\\\Contacts\\\\Co…’, ‘index’, Object(OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer), Array)\n#3 [internal function]: OC\\AppFramework\\routing\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\n#4 \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/route\/router.php(276): call_user_func(Object(OC\\AppFramework\\routing\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\n#5 \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/lib\/base.php(950): OC\\Route\\Router->match(‘\/apps\/contacts\/’)\n#6 \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/index.php(39): OC::handleRequest()\n#7 {main}","File":"\/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/appframework\/utility\/simplecontainer.php","Line":89}”,“level”:3,“time”:“2018-08-26T11:22:02+00:00”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/nextcloud/index.php/apps/contacts/”,“user”:“up”}

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Version 9.0.50 is really old by now and also unsupported. I‘d recommend to install the latest available stable version which currently is 13.0.5:

Thanks for your answer. I’m confused. I was under the impression that I downloaded the latest version and that the official version number differed from what occ status reports. Is that wrong?

Also, can I directly upgrade from 9 to 13?

Edit: Admin doc says “Skipping major releases is not supported” so I guess I know what to do today…

I wrote a script that automates the manual update process. It is quite easy with that to upgrade through all the versions up to 13.0.5
Before upgrade the script will also make a backup of the currently installed version which makes restoring a previous version also very easy. If you want to have a look at it - here it is:

1 Like

This was incredibly helpful! occ status now reports 13.0.5.2 and the Contacts app does work (I just had to reenable it). You made my day, thanks a lot!

1 Like