Problems getting started with NextcloudPi

Hello everybody,

Let’s see if anybody can help this thick mind of mine:

Although I’ve been using Ubuntu in my laptops for +10 years now, I’m no expert, just a user who tries to avoid the terminal as much as possible.

A month ago I installed Nextcloud on a old PC running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Everything looked fine, a bit slow sometimes, but it worked nevertheless.

I had already read some time ago about the wonders of having a private cloud with Raspberry + Nextcloud, so I decided to buy a Pi400 and, with Raspberry OS, I’ve tried to follow the guide provided by the ownyourbits.com site but I haven’t been able to make it work so far…

The farthest I get is to the activation of nextcloud pi (it gives me the 2 passwords + user names), but when I try to enter Nexcloud it appears a message indicating that I can not enter, I have to add my DOMAIN in the whitelist; I go back to the wizard, add the Raspberry Pi’s IP, the red dot turns green and that’s it.

After a couple of hourse trying to find a solution, reading here and there, I eventually get tired and I leave it for another moment and then I try again from scratch (I’ve formated the HDD 3 times, installing the OS three times to have a clean start) but I keep getting the following message in my browser:

Unable to connect

An error occurred while connecting to 192.xxx.x.x.xxx.

• The site may be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Please try again in a few moments.*
  • If you cannot load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.*
  • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure Firefox is allowed to access the web.*

So, what am I doing wrong??

I just moved my install too and was getting the same errors. It was because my devices were sending old data to the new device. To get around that I had to run some queries to find and remove blocked traffic from nextcloud. This can be done through the terminal which is a necessary evil. A quick Google search can find the commands. In this case timing can be an issue too.