Problem with contacts after upgrade

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 13.0.5
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Centos 7
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.6
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.0.27

The issue you are facing: I have an old Nextcloud instance that was first installed when it still was called Owncloud. It has been dormant for quite a while but now I took the time to upgrade it. After installing php7 from software collections for Centos I used the automatic upgrade tool to go from 10.x to 13.0.5. Everything looks OK except for contacts. There are some contacts that won’t open up anymore when using the web interface. Other contacts are OK.

Also contacts don’t work at all when trying to access them from Evolution. I get
“The address book backend servicing “Contacts” encountered an error. The reported error was “Failed to issue REPORT: HTTP error code 404 (Not Found): Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound
Card not found[exception][message]”.”

Calendar works fine from Evolution. I’m using version 3.28.5 of Evolution on Fedora 28.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
journalctl -fl doesn’t show anything when this error occurs.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Is there any tool with which I could clean up the contacts? Perhaps export them, normalize them and then import them back?

You could export the addressbook with calcardbackup (directly accessing the database with option -f) and then validate it with sabre/vobject (have a look at the bottom of that page). Clean up the reported errors and then reimport it.

For cleaning up you might need the help of RFC 6350

I managed to solve this issue in the following manner

• In the web gui I did an export of the contacts
  • I then truncated the oc_cards table from the database
  • Did an import in the web gui of the file from the first step
    Now all the contacts were accessible and all the contact details seemed to be intact and it was possible again for Evolution to connect to Nextcloud