Problem with "Ask for confirmation before synchronising folders larger than X MB" - No more Alerts

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): Version 3.10.1 (macOS)
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): macOS 13.6 (22G120)
All Files are on Hetzner Servers as part of their product “Storage Share”.

The issue you are facing:

I use the desktop client of Nextcloud together with my colleagues at work. To prevent each of us from synchronizing every new folder created by a user, we came up with the following workaround: In the settings under “Ask for confirmation before synchronising folders larger than X MB,” we simply entered the value “0 MB.” This was very helpful because every time a new folder was created, we were asked if we wanted to synchronize it. These alerts appeared in red in the interface where you check the boxes for the desired folders.

This feature is no longer working. Every new folder is being synchronized without prompting us. This has been the case for about 2 months now. Before that, it worked perfectly for months.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): No

Steps to replicate it:

1. Enter 0 MB under “Ask for confirmation before synchronising folders larger than X MB.”
  2. Create a folder somewhere on the storage.
  3. Every user of the desktop client will automatically receive this synchronization.

If something needs to be changed in the PHP file or elsewhere, I can contact Hetzner Support. They will modify code lines for me upon request.

I would greatly appreciate some help.