Problem when i tried to upgrade nc from 25.04 to 25.05

this is what i saw when i ran the command for the updater… any ideas on why its not letting me update my nc?

PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/clippy.svg,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/clippy.svg): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930
PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/close.svg,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/close.svg): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930
PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/comment.png,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/comment.png): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930
PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/more.svg,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/more.svg): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930
PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/password-white.svg,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/password-white.svg): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930
PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/password.png,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/password.png): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930
PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/password.svg,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/password.svg): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930
PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/pause.svg,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/pause.svg): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930
PHP Warning: rename(/mnt/2018BA0A2C80DD9C/DATA/data/updater-ocwdythscb5a/downloads/nextcloud/core/img/actions/phone.svg,/var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/core/img/actions/phone.svg): Operation not permitted in phar:///var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 930

Operation not permitted often means that the user running the php process has no permission to delete the file. Or if the file is used, or if the storage is full etc.

Question is has it worked for previous updates, how are and how were updates and the installation done.

Yes it worked in the past with no problems.
What I ended up happening is it’s for some reason the upload speeds on my next cloud drop down to 400 Kbs. So I decided to wipe out the system. I reinstalled everything and everything appeared to be working fine for a couple months until it went to do the update and it crashed. I went digging around in the system after restoring to 25.0.4 and I found that the ownership of the drive was still set to root. So I then ran the command chown -R www-data on my data directory. And then checked again and it was still assigned to root and no matter what I did the ownership of the data directory will not change from root and I do not know why.