Problem to upgrade 15.0.10 to 16.0.3

i canā€™t upgrade my system though my connection to the web is allright, and there is no button to upgrade .
Does somebody has the same problem ? and found the solution ?
Thank you for the help.

Here is a log :
You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup/intl.php#18
2019-07-17T09:34:36+0200
Error PHP You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup/intl.php#18

if it can helpā€¦

I tried to upgrade with command line, and here is the answer of the system :

sudo -u www-data php updater.phar
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ā€˜/usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_sqlite.soā€™ - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ā€˜/usr/lib/php/20151012/sqlite3.soā€™ - /usr/lib/php/20151012/sqlite3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Could not open input file: updater.pha

If someone can tell me what I must do to fix my problem ā€¦ thank you !

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as described in the initial post - going to the settings/admin-overview shows me a new version is available but there is no button for upgrading. I tried with occ, but it seems occ doesnā€™t allow full upgrade from command line. Sorry if this is a rookie error - any help is welcome.

Thanks & cheers,
Georg

Hello,

Same here, there is no upgrade button and I am a little hesitante to do it manually.
I have deleted all extra apps.

The only thing that I didnā€™t do is change the MySQL so that supports emojis.

If someone can help, trying to understand what is missing or wrong.

Are you using an appliance (snap, docker, VM, NextcloudPi)?

Hey,

In my case no, is a dedicated server.

I wrote a bash script to update the instances I administer manually. It follows quite strict the documentation for manual upgrades.
You can find it here: https://github.com/BernieO/ncupgrade

EDIT: be aware the Nextcloud 16 requires PHP>7.0

Still, using your script is forcing through terminal the upgrade to the latest version.

My question here is that the Upgrade button is not showing up, if this is consistent in the future, how do I know that I will be able to upgrade minor versions without forcing it through scripting or terminal.

Mine is running in a VirtualMachine since years and never had problems. Bernie, thanks for the script, but I am not able to really check it, I lack the time and I want to upgrade my version by something that is officially from nextcloud. I cannot believe this is not working anymore.

Ok, I did it!

The problem for me was that I still used php7.0 (as delivered with debian). I followed the upgrade steps explained here: https://tecadmin.net/install-php-debian-9-stretch/

Then listed all my php7.0 packages by ā€œsudo apt list |grep php7.0|grep installedā€ and installed the relevant php7.3 packages (mcrypt was not found, but worked fine nevertheless).

Then install the latest apcu version (if you use apcu) as explained here https://serverpilot.io/docs/how-to-install-the-php-apcu-extension

And finally did
sudo a2dismod php7.0
sudo a2enmod php7.3
sudo service apache2 restart

After that I rebooted the VM, and a few moments later it all worked nicely and the upgrade button was visible.

Took me all in all less than 10 minutes. Good luck with it!

Cheers,
Georg

This is for the VM but should work on any Ubuntu system: vm/nextcloud_update.sh at master Ā· nextcloud/vm Ā· GitHub

Disclaimer, Not tested on anything that arenā€™t built with the VM scripts, so please make a backup before.