Problem Downloading Files from the Android Client

Hello,

I am seeing a strange behavior related to the downloading of files lately. I bought a new SD card which I wanted to set as the default location for downloads for the NC client. When I do so, all downloads fails with a message: Failed to download “account name” null.

When I switch to the main storage, the download works, but it too refers to the file as "account name"null. If I try to find through the file manager, the structure doesn’t feels right. I can find a file with the name "account name"null, but its pretty deep inside the folder structure. I have to go to /Android/media/com.nextcloud.client/nextcloud/“account name”/storage/“storage label”/Android/media/com.nextcloud.client… etc.

My phone is a Fairphone 3, with the latest e/OS/, and my nextcloud android version is 3.13.0 RC1

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Brg
Mgns

Hi @mgns,

This is a known issue which should have been resolved with later release candidates, so updating the app and doing a “pull-to-refresh” within the folder should do the trick.

Hello @Andy,

Sorry for my late reply. I just wanted to thank you for explaining the cause of the problem. It took some time before I got an update, but once it was installed everything worked as it should.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Mgns

1 Like

Hi @mgns,

glad to hear it’s working for you :slight_smile: