Problem after updating Nextcloudpi

Okay… I’ve installed a clean image and it seems the problems with configuration etc. are gone.

But i ran into several issues:

• I started the setup Wizard and followed all the steps. But the usb automount mounts my ext hdd as “clouddrive” under /media/clouddrive/ (this is the name i gave the drive in the last nc installation), and it mounts a drive (which doesn’t physically exist) to /hdd/USBdrive. So the “ncdata” dir is in /media/USBdrive. All my old data, including ncdata is located in /media/clouddrive/ncdata/… . When i try to change the ncdatadir from /media/USBdrive to /media/clouddrive, the Web UI tells me, that the ncdata dir isn’t empty (of course not) and stops performing the action.

• When i now try to restore via nc-restore from the file on my usb drive, everything works fine. But i cannot access the files in NC (because there is a entry in the database, but the file is @ a different location).

So how can this be fixed? It looks like “clouddrive” must somehow be automounted as “USBdrive” before i can begin restoring.

I would be really thankful for fast help, as my cloud is now down and my whole family is using it on their phone etc.

If you do

ls -l /media

you will see that /media/USBdrive is a link to /media/clouddrive, so they are really the same folder, you can use either path in ncp-web.

Did you perform a backup including data? or did you not include data? did you this message when restoring (or similar)?

backing up existing /media/clouddrive/ncdata

so now everything works, you get the user accounts and configurations except the files are not there?

No, it is really a complete different „folder“ that was created i think.

I didn‘t a backup with data. But i could work around this isue now, with just customizing the config.php to the correct data dir. Hopefully this works with future updates.