Problem after updating Nextcloudpi

Hello,

i just recently did the update to the latest version, via the command line. As it looked fine, i did a reboot and now iā€™m running in some serious problems.

When i try to access my cloud, i get the message that the data dir is incorrect. Also, when i try to access the NextcloudPi Webpanel, it tellā€™s me ā€œUnauthorized request. Try reloading the pageā€ on every single option of the interface.

When iā€™m going to the mounted dir of my external hdd, there are no more files in it. Maybe itā€™s not mounted anymore? The hdd still shows up in fdisk.

Really could use some help, as iā€™m not the most experienced linux user

best regards

okay, i think the update has destroyed the mounting processā€¦ when i type ā€œsystemctl status nc-automountā€, i get the following output:

pi@cloudserver:/media $ systemctl status nc-automount
ā— nc-automount.service - Automount USB drives
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nc-automount.service; enabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Do 2017-09-21 04:48:09 CEST; 1min 12s ago
Process: 590 ExecStart=/usr/bin/udiskie -NTF (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
Main PID: 590 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

EDIT: when i mount the drive manually using ā€œsudo mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /media/USBdriveā€, the files are showing up again and the cloud is useable again. But the problem with the webinterface and automount still persists. Telling me ā€œread errorā€.

hi,

about unauthourized request: open a new tab. Itā€™s a security token issue. Your session has expired, we still have to improve that situation.

the automount system havenā€™t been touched in a while. Seems like udiskie is failing to find itā€™s interpreter.

Have you by any chance removed python3? What is the output of

head -1 /usr/bin/udiskie
udiskie --help
python3 /usr/bin/udiskie --help

Indeed, i have touched absolutly nothing at the server configuration.

The outputs are:
head: ā€ž/usr/bin/udiskieā€œ kann nicht zum Lesen geƶffnet werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
(Translation: ā€œdirā€ cannot be opened for reading. File or folder not found)

udiskie --help:
-bash: udiskie: Kommando nicht gefunden.
(Translation: command not found)

python3 /usr/bin/udiskie --help
python3: canā€™t open file ā€˜/usr/bin/udiskieā€™: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

So it really looks like, there is no plugin called ā€œudiskieā€, but as i said, i did not touch the standard configuration at allā€¦

Maybe you didnā€™t update for a loooong time?

Try this

sudo rm /usr/local/etc/nextcloudpi-config.d/nc-automount.sh
sudo ncp-update
sudo reboot

And after reboot, it should be working again

ls -l /media
systemctl status nc-automount

this doesnā€™t workā€¦ it tells me, that there is a problem with some python3 packages

What is the error?

1 Like

I havenā€˜t saved itā€¦ can i somehow reproduce it?

run those commands again

Sorry for my delayā€¦ University just started recently. If i run the update command, i get the following output (as my pi is configured in german, you might use a translator):

pi@cloudserver:~ $ sudo ncp-update
Downloading updates
Performing updates
Installing nc-automount
Holen:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian jessie InRelease [22,9 kB]
OK:2 http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian jessie InRelease
OK:3 http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian stretch InRelease
Es wurden 22,9 kB in 1 s geholt (15,1 kB/s).
Paketlisten werden gelesenā€¦ Fertig
Paketlisten werden gelesenā€¦ Fertig
AbhƤngigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesenā€¦ Fertig
Einige Pakete konnten nicht installiert werden. Das kann bedeuten, dass
Sie eine unmƶgliche Situation angefordert haben oder, wenn Sie die
Unstable-Distribution verwenden, dass einige erforderliche Pakete noch
nicht erstellt wurden oder Incoming noch nicht verlassen haben.
Die folgenden Informationen helfen Ihnen vielleicht, die Situation zu lƶsen:

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfĆ¼llte AbhƤngigkeiten:
udiskie : HƤngt ab von: python3-gi soll aber nicht installiert werden
HƤngt ab von: python3-yaml soll aber nicht installiert werden
E: Probleme kƶnnen nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurĆ¼ckgehaltene defekte Pakete.
Activating unattended-upgrades
Unattended upgrades active: yes (autoreboot yes)
NextCloudPi updated to version v0.31.14

thanks already for your help

sorry, donā€™t speak german :stuck_out_tongue:

I try to translate the most important thingsā€¦

Translated:

The following packages have unfulfilled dependencies:

udiskie: depends on python3-gi, but should not be installed
Depends on: python3-yaml, but should not be installed
E: problems could not be corrected, they have restrained packages.

Original:

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfĆ¼llte AbhƤngigkeiten:
udiskie : HƤngt ab von: python3-gi soll aber nicht installiert werden
HƤngt ab von: python3-yaml soll aber nicht installiert werden
E: Probleme kƶnnen nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurĆ¼ckgehaltene defekte Pakete.

It might not be 100% translated correctly, but i think you can work with it

and i got still read errors from the webpanel :frowning:

so you got no idea how to solv it ?

Hi,

I have been away for a few days.

Are you on Raspbian 9 Stretch? did you intall an old image and not upgrade to Stretch?

What image did you install? Eg: NextCloudPi_03-03-2017.img

no problem, i downloaded the latest NextcloudPi Version in July i think and updated every two weeks since then

Iā€™m facing, that i maybe have to do a clean reinstall of the system. Can you tell me if there is a guide to do this, with backing up the old state? Because i really donā€™t want to reconfigure the hole user structure etc., that would be a pain in the ass :D. And should rescan the files from the connected ext hdd.

or has any one finally a solution for my problem -.- ?

Unfortunately, I donā€™t have a solution for your problem directly, but if you wind up having to reinstall, it should be reasonably straightforward; there is a guide for migrating an NC instance (which is essentially what youā€™d be doing) here:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/maintenance/migrating.html

This should allow you to move your entire NC installation to a new host. You shouldnā€™t have to worry about the DNS stuff as long as you have a fresh NCP installation on the same physical machine, and make sure the name on the local network is the same (e.g., ā€œnextcloudpiā€, or ā€œraspberrypiā€). Itā€™s not pain-free, but it should be a lot easier than having to rebuild your NC installation from scratch.

Hi, I suggest you do a nc-backup and then you can restore it in the new image with nc-restore.

That way it will be easy to start from a new clean image.

You will have to do all the stuff again for NCP, such as automount, letsencrypt, DDNS, nc-datadir but Nextcloud you can just restore it in the new instance.