Nextcloud version 11.0.2, although same behaviour in earlier versions as well.
The problem we are experiencing is that the share links that users create to content are not preserved when external (or local) storage is effectively unmounted and remounted. Our users are seeking permanent share links to their content that need to survive server restarts, failover, etc of both the Nextcloud service as well any connected external storage service (e.g. via NFS)
This is easy enough to simulate by:
- Define an external storage connection
- Create a share link to a file or folder within that external storage
- Delete the external storage connection
- Re-create the external storage connection, with exact same values as in #1 above
- Try to access using the share link created in #2 above
Step 5 generates a “File not found” error message.
Is there some way to ensure permanency of the share links that users create?