Polls: running polls are moved into archive, manual restoring helps only temporary

Dear Forum,

since some days my cloud is now facing the following issue: Polls is not running properly. Each morning Polls are moved into archive. Manual restoring helps only for one day.This strange behaviour happend without any changes.

Details:
Nextcloud version: 22.2.3
Operating system and version : 20.04
nginx version: 1.21.4
PHP version : 7.4.3
Polls version: 3.3.0

I checked and applied: The system is completely updated (Linux/Nextcloud) now and a MariaDB error (“Cannot use object of type stdClass as array”) is resolved. No Change.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Steps to replicate it: no idea, it happened with out any changes.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
nothing

Does anyone have any idea? Glad for each tipp!!!

Best Joon

I’m personally not using the pools app, but from what I understood you can configure how long a poll should be valid and there also seems to be an option to automatically archive outdated polls, based on the change notes:

Hi j-ed,
thanks for your quick answer. But unfortunately the tip didn’t solve the problem.

Update 3.2.0 worked fine. 3.3.0 doesn’t work correct. Every morning I have to restore all polls manually. That’s really annoying.
Is it possible that 3.3.0 is still a nighty version and “instabile” for 22.2. ?

This might cause the issue, since it started out of the blue. In Oct. all polls worked. Only those which I started in Nov. archive themselves.
Where Do I get a working version for my system? And: is it possible to restore the issue backendwise without loosing all public links?

Best Joon

There seems to be a bug with auto archiving. Disabling it works as a workaround.

Yes. There is a bug in the selection. Will be fixed in the next version. Until then, please disable the auto archive. Sorry for that.

1 Like

Hi dartcafe, how and where is it possible to disable auto archive? And when does the next update come?

Hi All,
in case somebody else has this issue too: The bug will be fixed 3.4.0.

Best Joon

1 Like