PicoCMS on an external storage

I have PicoCMS installed and running, but it seems that PicoCMS is geared towards users creating their own sites; which is partly what I want, but I also want a global area for all users to contribute to (i.e. KnowledgeBase/Blog etc).

In order to do that, I want to point a PicoCMS to an external storage location (on my NAS mounted via CIFS). I set up in NextCloud external storage folder pointing to the directory I want, but when I go to display it in PicoCMS (via URL) I get a Webpage cannot be rendered error with the following content in the log file:

Webpage cannot be rendered - Invalid content directory “/tmp/oc_tmp_bL4VX4/content/”

Has anyone been able to create a shared location for users to contribute? Am I going about this the wrong way?

Hi Steven_Garno,
Did you happen to find a solution to this issue? I am facing something similar when configuring cms_pico to point to an external storage location (specifically the “Webpage cannot be rendered” error).

Wondering if you were able to find a work around or if this is just a limitation of cms_pico.

Yeah, I ended up doing a hard link rather than an external storage folder. Nextcloud and pico cms doesn’t know it is external and therefore it worked fine.

Let me know if that works for you too.

Ok, so it sounds like the app is not compatible with external storage. I will try this and report back with the results. Thank you.