Pi3 nexcloud box

I just received my nextcloud than i plan To use with à pi3, but just read that pi3 is not supported?

If you want to use the snappy-stuff that normally comes with the Nextcloud box, this is not ready yet. They ran into a few bugs. They will probably provide it as fast as possible. Not sure if they make it before the end of the year, hopefully in January.

What you can do: Install raspbian or any other Linux system and make a manual install. Either continue to use this or just use it for testing until they release the version of RPi3.

You may prefer this route if you like to tinker; the snap package is mostly read-only so things like memory management aren’t possible to self-tweak.

1 Like

Friends, with regards to Pi3 support - we promised December 9, we promised a week later but sadly we still haven’t found a good solution for what we’re trying to do (make it super easy to connect to a box without knowing it’s IP address).

While we keep working on a solution, probably coming in January now, we are discussing if we could publish the current work-in-progress as a beta/test version for those able to use SSH themselves. I will keep you updated on that conversation!

2 Likes

Can’t you already connect by navigating to ubuntu-standard.local? It didn’t work for me as my lan domain isn’t .local but I can’t imagine it wouldn’t work for everyone.

jospoortvliet:
we are discussing if we could publish the current work-in-progress as a beta/test version for those able to use SSH themselves.

I would appreciate this, if the ip issue is the only known issue.

Same here I would appreciate that version for beta testing on internal network. Thanks again for great work.

No news on the beta yet (everyone is on holiday :frowning: ) but we did publish the current image: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/images/

Enjoy the fireworks :smiley:

Why are the images named Ubuntu Standard Server? Ich thought it’s an Ubuntu Core…

The first images, to get the box out the door and in our hands, was based on ubuntu server as core wasn’t ready for primetime at the time. The snap system works the same so it wasn’t a huge trade-off.

Future images are all Ubuntu Core.

Citations may be needed :slight_smile:

I would prefer Ubuntu Server, cause I would like to install netatalk at the same machine.

Then use this one if you have a pi2, or if you have another model you’ll need to install it manually.

I tried to find out, how to install Ubuntu Server on auch Raspberry Pi 3 B, but all I found where some kind of customized versions. Cause I am relativly new to linux, it’s hard to find out, what I need…

Jason ; any update of the pi3 version release date?